Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Economy is so bad....



* The economy is so bad that I got a pre-declined credit card in the mail.



* I ordered a burger at McDonald's, and the kid behind the counter asked, "Can you afford fries with that?"

* CEO's are now playing miniature golf.


* If the bank returns your check marked "Insufficient Funds," you have to call them and ask if they mean you or them .


* Parents in Beverly Hills and Malibu are firing their nannies and learning their children's names.

* A truckload of Americans was caught sneaking into Mexico .

* Motel Six doesn't leave the light on anymore.

* Congress says they are looking into the Bernard Madoff scandal. Oh Great!! The guy who made $50 Billion disappear is being investigated by the people who made $1.5 Trillion disappear !

13 comments:

  1. Love this post! Wish I had thought of these things - I'm jealous! Gave me my laugh for the day - thanks.
    (Moments in Time)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, honey! But at least we've found a way to "laugh" about it.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen...I didn't want to come here...I didn't want to read...I didn't want to get hooked...and yet...here I am....read til I was tired of reading and I am signing up as your newest follower. I follow. I comment...I like this blog! Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, too funny and the last one rings a little true :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughter is the best medicine...and we need it these days:) Thanks for starting my afternoon off with a good chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, I really needed a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be very funny if it wasn't all true. Thanks for the grins.

    Darryl and Ruth : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this was great!!! I just shared it with my hubs and he also was laughing and we were both saying this is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lordy mercy - funny but oh so true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you already know that I am so, gonna steal this. But I'll give you the props.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...