A family favorite at This Old House.
* Butter a large frying pan
* cut holes out of middle of slices of bread
* Dredge holey bread, both sides, in melted butter and place in pan
* crack egg over each hole
* Fry to your desired "done-ness".
That's what we call a Birds Nest for Breakfast :-)
Delicious I agree. Even more delicious when the eggs are top notch quality like your fresh eggs are.
ReplyDeleteHow funny - we call these toad in the holes. They are yummy! I haven't made them in a while - I think I'm overdue!
ReplyDeleteI bet my kids would love these! Bummer for me that I don't eat bread anymore!!
ReplyDeleteI love those.
ReplyDeleteThey were always called egg in a hole at in my-laws when their kids were little.
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy, I've never had one . . . yet
They look great, too bad I'm allergic to eggs:-(
ReplyDeleteI haven't made these in FOREVER! We call the Toad In The Hole. I will have to whip some up soon!
ReplyDeleteXO,
Jane
Do I see a slice of Udi's Gluten Free? I love that bread! I don't eat any carbs but sometimes I splurge and have that!
ReplyDeleteMy momma used to make these. I haven't had them in years. Time to pull this one out! Thanks Karen!
ReplyDeleteThat, my friend, looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteI used to make these for the kids but haven't made them in years. I will have to do these for the grandkids. I used to use a heart shaped cookie cutter and it was so cute. xo Diana
ReplyDeleteI am chirping over this!~ Looks great!
ReplyDeleteMy oldest son took home ec and this was the first thing he ever made! They called it Eggs in a Frame! Wonder if he ever makes it, now? He's a fantastic cook!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was cooking at a Bistro, I would use a cookie cutter shaped like a bird for these. I'd fry up the little birdy and it would stick up in the egg when I served it.
ReplyDeleteMy 12 yr. old granddaughter makes these all the time---but not for ME! They look really good and she loves them! I do get my fresh farm eggs from them, so I guess I'll have to make them myself!
ReplyDeleteV
We call them "One Eyed Jacks" in our house. Now I'm hungry.
ReplyDeleteLove these. I used to make for my daughter; we called it 'hole in one'.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I think I'll make some now!!
xoxo
I love all the different names for these! We call them 'Egg in a Frame.' Definitely best with those farm fresh eggs!
ReplyDeleteand that's what I'm having for supper; thanks Karen! plus bacon of course -smile-.
ReplyDeleteThat looks good! I've never made this before but I love eggs cooked any way and lots of bread and butter! I just had a scrambled egg with sausage! Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDelete