Friday, July 12, 2013

His & Hers



These are our kayaks...
Since my guy took so well to the water in our big blue clunker of a sea kayak last year,
this year Santa left him a brand spanking new one, 
a much sleeker design that he will just glide through that water in,
like the dew sliiiiiding off a cooool mint leaf...

(who can tell me where that line is from... ) 

Anyway... notice one of these things is not like the other?




His is still wrapped in it's Placenta, hasn't even been birthed yet. 

*sigh*




So, here's hoping the heat settles down and the thunder and lightening storms go away
and with a little luck we might throw these babies in the back of the truck
and see how she floats. 

 I had originally ordered him a metallic blue version.
My thinking was that it was a manly color. Sorta like a sporty little car. 

He wasn't having any of it... wanted to be as visible as possible just in case

"I want FLAMING MANGO ORANGE!"


Ok then. 


13 comments:

  1. oh, too cute! send the rain here and that'll let you get out on the water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, lightning and water don't mix. Even if it didn't strike, I'd be so nervous about it I'd probably have a heart attack! Hope you get to try them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so nice; I hope soon you'll be able to go.

    Don't drop your cell phone in the water, though. Put it in your beach bag. A wise cracker told me that once. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like either ..
    streetcar.... or
    Cat on a hot tin roof?
    hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first thought was Raintree County. But I remember that line is "the land of mint and magnolia" lovvve that line :) I kayak occasionally...not as often as I should! I like the orange. Especially because it will pop against its opposite on the color wheel, blue water!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like fun, great way to spend the day I would think. Placenta?? You do crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to your pictures of you and Mike (in his new kayak)on the waters in our area. Have you ever tried the area around Stoney Creek?...nice area around the Thimbles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Orange is so 'HOT' right now! It looks like FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have *always* wanted a kayak; please post more about your water adventures, Karen. I've kayaked only once, Dave and I in Alaska in the Inside Passage where we saw grizz, seals, whales...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look good.I bet you cant wait to get out on the water again.Also love your new header picture beautiful-love dee x

    ReplyDelete
  11. the reference to not birthed and placenta.....omg, that made me laugh so hard !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much fun. You need to 'birth' that thing. Ours is yellow but I love your mango orange!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...