Monday, August 12, 2013

Ruff start

    Frasier was awesome yesterday at the cottage. He stayed right with me as I wandered around and was respectful of the neighbors dogs as well. I dragged my little red Kayak, Ruby, over to the edge of the lawn with the intention of taking Frasier for a ride at some point in the day. We went down to the dock to see what he thought of the water in the cove.  At low tide there is actually some beach under the dock.. so he waded in confidently and loved the water.  Awesome!

    A little while later, we were again sitting on the dock soaking in the sun. Frasier lounged comfortably right along with us, even though the wind had picked up and we were rocking just a little.



He was so good I let him off leash. 




He wandered over to the cement pad where we had stepped down onto the beach 
early in the morning...
and decided to jump in head first.  




That's a face plant in the water right there.

I guess he thought he could still just walk around as he had
early in the day at low tide. 

After I dragged his distressed little self by the collar out of the water,
 trying not to drop the camera in the drink, 
he was not amused and hightailed it to the top of the stairs. 









After a good long while he ventured back down
 to beg mom to please lets leave the dock now..
please. 



Needless to say, we didn't get in the boat yesterday.
Today's not looking good either  -  



12 comments:

  1. I love the picture of him going head first ! Looks like you both had a great time !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking up at the face plant shot, poor guy. You didn't look like you were ready to leave the dock. Enjoy your getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your pictures from your visits to the cottage during these next 2 weeks....Enjoy your seaside living!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little dude. At least he was brave enough to come back down.

    Have a wonderful time while you're away :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might just get him in there...I'm surprised he came back down the stairs as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so funny. I've seen my dog do that too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How in the world did you manage to get that shot of him going in head first??? Poor little buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing that you got the photo! Poor little guy, but he's resilient!

    Love the photo of you two. I hope every day is full of fun and sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great action shot of Fraser falling in you are a true blogger-love dee x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen - great shots but how did you manage to hold onto your camera while fishing Frasier out of the water, I'd have been in there head first :)
    -Joan-
    www.mvobsession.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...