....when I write a post and see misspelled words the next day.
Seriously, it's like a slap upside the head when I see it.
When I'm reading a book, if I come across a misspelled word
it's like finding a bone in your fish dinner.
I used to be an excellent speller.
My mom the schoolteacher would call me to ask about the spelling of a word, really!
*sigh*
the middle aged mind.
Just sayin
Then you must hate to read mine lol !!!!! I'm a awful speller ! K you such a great writer / blogger it doesn't matter about a couple of words ! Hope you have a good weekend
ReplyDeleteI am a proof reader through and through. I mentally correct people what use inappropriate grammar, and often feel the need to make corrections to blog posts in the comments. Of course, manners prevent me from doing so.
ReplyDeleteOMG, just proofed my own comment. I meant "That use"......
ReplyDeleteLOL Raz!
ReplyDeleteMisspelling or typo, there's a difference. I always spell things perfectly ... but there are days when I can't type worth crap.
ReplyDeleteSaw a banner on a restaurant earlier this week. It advertised Chinese, Vietnamese, and Thia food. Stuff like this is everywhere.
Love people what use good spelling, to.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny, when in school I always won all the spelling bees. And, I was a speedy typist; these days, like you, I see other's mistakes but not my own until it's too late. And, I swear this keyboard cannot be the same as the regular old typewriter. I know you're too young Karen, to remember using carbon paper to type letters for the "bosses" - MAN - that was awful to try and correct mistakes!
ReplyDeleteAnd, I dislike very much when people use "then" instead of "than" but I wouldn't dare mention it! :)
xoxo
I do the same thing and it drives me crazy! I worked as an executive assistant to the Chief Communications Officer at a Fortune 500 company so I had to do lots of proofing. I have developed many pet peeves from this time in my life. I am amazed at the people who use the word then when it should be than and the for example should of rather than should've or should have. Thank you for tipping of my rant! Ha! I just saw Sally's comment above!
ReplyDeletesince i left the workforce a few years ago, i've become very lax in my punctuation, spelling, grammar, etc. and obviously gave up capitalization ages ago. :)
ReplyDeleteThat drives me crazy! I'm quick to catch it when someone else does it, but can't proof my own stuff for crap! I'm always finding mistakes in my comments... just after I click publish. *sigh
ReplyDeleteBothers me too but then I use so many improper methods of getting my viewpoint across I just have to let it go. I try, but only so far.
ReplyDeleteWhat burns me?
Names - lately I cannot remember any names and just get a visual image of the first letter so I wander around going "J?" "J?" "J?" JUDY!
sigh
I'm a spelling and grammar freak too! If I find a misspelling in one of my posts, I just go back and fix the word(s), then save it. :)
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Pam
I try to proof read mine. It gets on my nerves, too.
ReplyDeleteHappens to me too. I proof-read, then my husband proof-reads, and I still find an occasional misspelled word. They seem to glare at your more when they are on the internet.
ReplyDeleteSam