Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Window Treatment
















 Pretty, right?
Reality check...
waxed paper works sometimes, if you press the leaves for atleast five minutes.
If you don't.. the leaves turn brown and crispy pretty quickly. 
Dipping the leaves in melted wax  a la - Martha Stewart - works better.

Apparently I'm no Martha.

16 comments:

  1. I haven't pressed leaves in wax paper...in years! Looks great! Now where would I find a Fall leaf? heehee! Love your new banner, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Karen. Now if I could only find my iron. It's been missing for a long long time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooooo fun. i want to come to your house and do DIY projects from pinterest.....K?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, mine start out brown and crisp, not because of the wax paper or the iron or the length of pressing, but because that is the color (mostly) of Texas fall. . . that won't, also unfortunately, be here until around the first week of December.

    ReplyDelete
  5. no leaves like that here but you did give me an idea for my sidelight window by front door for holidays? maybe using same principle and making a filtered light cover for window area..NOW what to press inside? hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I "think" you can preserve them by putting them in cat litter first? Flowers, too... at least I think that's what I've heard. I don't have cats, so I've never had cat little handy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember pressing flowers when I was a kid. That looks cute. I say watch out Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love your fall leaves hanging in your window and how easy they are to make and keep!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't pressed flowers like that since I was a kid! I think your string of fall leaves is very pretty. What a nice fall project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... I like this idea a lot... might just copy it... wonder how well leaves travel from MV to NJ :)
    -Joan-
    www.mvobsession.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got me thinking I really should do some decorating:) Love this. Did you cut out each leaf pressed between waxed paper or just iron on a layer of wax?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay I'm a definite craft dunce... Does the ironing board get all waxy? I've got to try this now that I live where there's fall color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never done this! We don't have a lot of showy red & orange leaves around here, but lots of pretty yellow. This might be fun to do with the children.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful. I think I can add that to my (faux) fall idea list. If I can find some colored leaves. I really just want to come to your house.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...