I have to share this link with you...
Wow, some really awesome recipes if you're still looking for some ideas
for the Thanksgiving table.
For the next few days I'll be shopping, baking, cooking, cleaning,
setting table...
And there will be about 15 minutes of Thanksgiving dinner consumption
followed by two hours of dish washing on the actual day.
Have you ever noticed? It takes about three days to put together
a meal that will be done with in 15 minutes. Truth!
All worth it, though... I am thankful that I can afford to put
good food on the table, that we are relatively healthy
and have family nearby that we can share a meal with.
I hope your Thanksgiving Day finds you at peace with your world
and in harmony with the family you love.
Happy Thanksgiving. Have a Blessed Holiday. Hugs, marty
ReplyDeletea labor of love. :)
ReplyDeleteYum. I am always looking for a good recipe or two.
ReplyDeleteAs a matter of fact, I HAVE noticed that preparation and clean up, takes much longer than the actual eating!
ReplyDeleteMy kids have all made other plans and hubby and I almost decided to just eat out. It would sure be the easy way to go.
Yes- I've noticed! It doesn't stop us though! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!
ReplyDeletemy family has always taken time with meals...we enjoy them and each other, laughing, talking, eating, remembering...happy Thanksgiving Karen.
ReplyDeleteWe noticed! About then years ago as a matter of fact. Ben and I spend a very leisurely day...just the two of us...at the Inn on the Lake for their Thanksgiving Buffet. SO much easier and relaxing then going nuts with the cooking and the cleaning and the washing of dishes!! Happy Thanksgiving Karen and don't work too hard!!
ReplyDeleteI'm cooking this year and working so I'm a bit behind and it's starting to stress me. So I bought a new bottle of Maker's Mark, found a great bourbon sour recipe, and I'm not going to worry. I'm half kidding here.
ReplyDeleteI am blessed as well. My family is healthy, nearby, I get BOTH of my girls for Thanksgiving along with their boys and my new GRANDBABY (love love love) and I invited a girlfriend and her daughter that had no plans.
Not the biggest crowd, but I still want everything nice. Wait - I guess that's eight people. Oh no! Now I'm getting stressed! loll
What a sweet thought at the end. Harmony...that's a word we don't use much any more but it's perfect for the holiday season. Happy Thanksgiving my friend. Blessings to you and your sweet family! Sweet hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeletexoxo