Below is a ceramic tree my Aunt Virginia made for my family many years ago.
She passed away last Christmas and I miss her dearly.
Grateful for this reminder of her love for all of us ...
and the spirit of the season.
An ornament from 1965 with my name (and birth year) on it.
Used to hang on our family tree.
Every year I open the boxes of ornaments and hope I didn't break it.
My favorites are the ones my kids made in elementary school...
..and the globe ornaments.
What decoration says, mostly, it is my belief anyway...
is that Love Lives Here.
You don't have to spend money you might not have
to add seasonal love to your home.
My friend Heidi made this wreath by walking around her yard
and cutting vines and greens as she went.
It's a beautiful thing.

i very much like the natural wreath. i bring one out each year that my mother-in-law made for me, too. :)
ReplyDeleteKaren - thank you for the tour. I love the ornaments that have special meaning and memories. Every year when I open the box I stop for a moment to silently tell the ornaments what's happened in the year since I packed them away... is that corny or what :)
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas
-Joan-
www.mvobsession.com
Everything looks beautiful, of course!
ReplyDeleteI'm not decked and haven't decked anyone, either... but I might by the time Christmas gets here! LOL!
Decking should commence after the cleaning lady finishes tomorrow. Gotta start with a clean house ... in order to mess it up with greens and stuff to get all the decking accomplished. Seriously, I love decorating for Christmas. All the ornaments and stuff carry so many memories!
ReplyDeleteAs always, Karen, so very beautiful. You have a knack for surrounding your home with love.
ReplyDeletexoxo
P.S. LOVE the background too, so sparkly!
Looks like you are ready! I did some decorating this weekend and am glad I have it all out, finally! lol
ReplyDeleteWell done, Karen, you look ready for Christmas...now for the baking.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, Karen...we brought Christmas in this weekend too!...:)JP
ReplyDeleteYour tree is so pretty! I love the history of the ornaments too.
ReplyDeleteEverything looks great ! I love the old orniments what a treasure to have ! That's my favorite as well the ones the kiddos have made
ReplyDeleteI am FAR from being decked!! With all I have had going on, I flat out just haven't had the time to deal with getting all my boxes of stuff out yet. Your decorations are beautiful...as is your home...like always!!
ReplyDeleteLove the old ornaments.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking about getting decked. Does that count?
I love your Aunt Virginia's tree. What a lovely reminder of her year after year.
ReplyDeleteYour decor is beautiful! I just love Christmas. I never get tired of seeing other people's Christmas decorations. Your aunt's tree is so sweet.
ReplyDelete