Baby, it is SO FREAK'N COLD OUTSIDE!!!!!!
Seriously.. when you throw coffee up into the air and it freezes
before it hits the ground... Damn, that's cold.
As for the -Polar Vortex- thing, though...
the media has to make something out of everything, don't they?
It's called January. You know, Winter? Yes...indeed..it's a particularly cold one.
But a -Polar Vortex -?
For those of you who like to read..
I've come across a couple of good books lately, all very different in style.
A hilarious take on aging.. an honest and sincere look at his life, good and sad,
and even more hilarity.
Tad Friend's memoir -
a humorous and honest look at the American Wasp,
it's rise..and inevitable reluctant fall.
For those of you interested in healthy eating... this is THE BOMB!!
Delicious, healthy, easy to prepare.
Paleo recipe, but it doesn't seem like you are deprived of a single thing here.
Not that Paleo eating is deprived..lol..
Bruschetta Chicken with Zucchini noodles
And get yourself one of those julienne zucchini peelers, because they
make the job so easy. I just got one for $8 at a local kitchen store but
you can find them on amazon too.
And get yourself one of those julienne zucchini peelers, because they
make the job so easy. I just got one for $8 at a local kitchen store but
you can find them on amazon too.
Off I go without coffee in hand for fear of an immediate freeze, into the Polar Vortex
to feed critters. Stay warm, all.

18 degrees this morning...in South Mississippi!!?? I asked my husband (lifelong Mississippian, like me) this morning, "Has it ever been this cold here??" His response: "I guess...maybe...sometime." We are almost speechless.
ReplyDeleteFor sure, it is bitter cold. Yet here, I haven't experienced it this cold in many years.
ReplyDeleteRegarding your zucchini peeler: last fall I searched several places for one, what I call a vegetable peeler. Made differently but same principle, they ran from $8 at a national grocery down to $1 at dollar tree (WORTHLESS!)
No way was I going to pay the high price for one, especially since the chunky handle makes it unwieldy in using. Giving up and with bushels of apples waiting at home, I stopped at a DG store as a last resort. Ah ha. Lucky me. Found one for $1 and it is the sharpest tool I've ever owned - seriously. Thrilled, I went back and got three more; gave daughter one. Now I will never worry about peeling or "julienne-ing" a vegetable as long as I live.
Years of scrounging and stretching pennies, I have become a very conscientious shopper.
not bragging or anything, but its 32 degrees C over where i am.
ReplyDeleteOh please be careful of that Vortex thingy. LOL. I like your take, Its January, winter!! I don't think it is the end of the world but you're right, damn it's cold. Even in the southern state of PA. It actually HURT to be outside yesterday,
ReplyDeleteAnd hey, that dish looks awesome.
critters get us out into the weather - no matter what the weather. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my that does look good! Is it on the Paleo diet? Those critters of yours are so lucky to have you!
ReplyDeleteWell the photo looks darn appetizing, that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteWe are supposed to be warming up and I can't tell you how ready I am. I have been freezing my butt off. (not technically off, mind you, it's still there, but it's cold)
Thank you so much for the recipe. Oh, that does look yummy.
ReplyDeleteA balmy 11 degrees here right now.
Thank you so much for the recipe. Oh, that does look yummy.
ReplyDeleteA balmy 11 degrees here right now.
This cold business is getting ridiculous. I mean, I know it is winter, but below zero is just too much for me! lol
ReplyDeleteYou watch out for those polars gettin' your vortex, ya hear?
ReplyDeleteThat dish looks so good. I was shopping today and now wish I'd bought one of those things. If I don't make a list, I forget. Went in 3 stores because I'd drive out of one, and remember something else. aarrgg Getting old is not for sissies. :)
Oh yum that looks so good!
ReplyDelete