I got the rest of WINTER out of my house. I don't need to see it INSIDE as well as outside. This here is the stretch of New England Grey days that could drag a spirit down if you let it be so. I bring out the hearts right about now every year.
My Christmas Cactus is a little confused... but I like the result.
...and who doesn't love crocus in bloom when snow still rests on the lawn.
(thank you Raven)
Last years Hydrangea dried beautifully... all I did was snip the blooms in early fall before they
withered, and stuck the stems in these vessels... They've held up very well.
My winter mantle and side board table are now something a little more cheery,
a reminder of the gardens that will bloom again.
Bailey's favorite spot - winter sun on the hearth...
Amazing, how well they dry and hold up.
I love the old plow horse shoes we find now and then on the farm..
some are buried in the old stone walls, some were used as fence rail holders.
If I were sew-handy I would make a skirt to attach under this side table.
Any recommendations?
Maybe I can tack a curtain along the underneath? Hmmm...
Many dog day afternoons lately, too cold to stay out for very long,
too lazy to do the bundling up required to go for those nice long walks.
Off to the barn and coop -
It's a new day, all! - you know the drill...
SALLY in Florida.. had the correct ending to my post yesterday..
It's a Beautiful Thing!
She'll be getting a few fun gifts in the mail shortly.
The dogs look like there cozy !!!!
ReplyDeleteI love hydrangea and yours dried to such a pretty color. And the horse shoes, so cool. You must wonder how old they are.
ReplyDeleteyour pups are adorable. stay safe and warm! yay for sally!
ReplyDeleteLove the photo's. You have a natural ability to decorate!
ReplyDeleteBe careful out there! I have an idea; maybe if you wore cleats up the hill, you wouldn't slip n slide. Just a thought!
Oh,and yes YAY for me. :)
xoxo
Oh yes- the grey can just suck us in and under if we let it. Such coziness and warmth exuding from your pictures- love them as usual. February is around the corner meaning March is next and then… its coming!
ReplyDeleteThose are great old horse shoes!
ReplyDeleteYour mantle looks so pretty.
Try Velcro for the skirt! It's amazing stuff and even held my plantation shutters over my bed for about 10 years. They did come crashing on my head finally though! It's a long and stupid story but I do think it would work great for a curtain.
ReplyDeleteEverything looks beautiful. I wouldn't worry about the cords and plugs. I never notice them. lol Enjoy your day my friend! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks so beautiful, warm and inviting! I'm so tired of the cold. I don't know how people in really cold climates can manage. Brrrrr!
ReplyDeleteIs your Bailey a Westie? He sure appears to be enjoying what looks to be a candy cane. I had a Westie, Little Girl long ago. Precious she was.
ReplyDeleteWith this bitter weather, all my furry children are doing just like yours - can't blame them in the least, can we? Then there are the 16 cold and wet footprints laid down a zillion times a day. Ah, well, they pee a lot and enjoy quick snow romps. I'm exhausted!
Before we had company for Christmas, I needed something to hide the baskets and crap that live underneath the church pew in our dining room. Brainstorm ... I cut a piece of dropcloth (had it on hand in my sewing room). The sides were selvedge, the bottom was the factory hem. I marked out pleats that were fairly even and I used a staple gun to attach it to the front valance of the pew. Easy as pie!
ReplyDeleteI smile every single time I see Bailey!!
Beautiful.
ReplyDelete-Joan-
www.mvobsession.com
The dogs look comfy and your house, too.... cold here, too.. and a pain to have to bundle up numerous times a day... I hear ya!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks beautiful, and the dogs looks so warm. My dog sleeps like your great dane! Those long legs
ReplyDeleteEverything looks so warm and cozy at your house!
ReplyDeleteI got rid of all my winter, too, Karen. I just can't stand another day of snow-filled things. Well, my sleds are still outside but the inside has been swept clean.
ReplyDeleteLove your pictures and I wish I could sleep like poochy in a bed like that! (and not have to deal with fleas ever,of course). xo Diana
I've never had much luck with drying hydrangeas -- they always turn brown. Yours are lovely.
ReplyDelete