Friday, May 16, 2014

About the chick click

 The chicks are growing so incredibly fast! Yesterday I renovated their condo to include a third room. First two rooms were Weber grill boxs courtesy of the hardware store, and the new addition is a refrigerator box courtesy of the appliance store down town.



 Where I go from here with their living quarters is still a mystery, because they can't live among my hens in the actual chicken coop until they are about 16 weeks old, lest they get henpecked and bullied. We certainly don't want that.

 Video taken yesterday, they are almost all feathered out already at just five weeks! 



10 comments:

  1. Aw, such a cute video! I can't believe how big they're getting, and Lord knows we don't want them to get henpecked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a little coop I called "The Juvenile Coop" for times like this... a small coop up on legs that the juveniles could live in while waiting to "grow up" to the big henhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a little coop I called "The Juvenile Coop" for times like this... a small coop up on legs that the juveniles could live in while waiting to "grow up" to the big henhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice kids place you have there!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good looking cardboard condo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so darned cute I can't stand it! Gotta love those chicks! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. A horse barn and chicken coop. You are hell bent on losing your mind. But hey...fresh eggs!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, time for more construction at your place :-) I have a smaller coop that was perfect for raising the young ones until they could go out with the big girls. It's also nice for separating one that might be sick or need some time to recover from a donkey stepping on them. Not that it would ever happen at your place. It has an inside and outside area....I highly recommend it now that your flock is growing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...