Monday, June 23, 2014

Women only - no, really. So if you're a man, just head on over to the next blog. ok?


   
You're looking anyway, aren't ya.


I warned you!


OK, ladies... let's talk about bras for a minute, shall we?  I hate 'em.  And I'm not all that big chested.  I cannot imagine how you women who are well endowed manage that weight and the bras that support you year after year.  In my younger years I envied you, truth be told.  All that attention from the boys on the beach... it wasn't me they admired with my beanpole figure.. no, it was Lisa or Bonnie standing next to me with their double D's.     But as I get older I really have no tolerance for an uncomfortable bra and now I'm sort of grateful for my smaller bust size, especially because those serious bras are seriously uncomfortable, even in my size.


 
 
 
Now, A good fit is a must, and so many women get it wrong, apparently.
But even so... I still feel THIS....
 


 Or THIS....
 
 


 
 
 
And while those underwires sure look sexy and
maybe fill out your clothing with better lines...
 
 
 
no matter how "right" the fit,  and pretty the look,
it's still uncomfortable. For me, anyway.
 
 
 
 



The point of my post today is to shout out to all of you, jubilantly, that I found an incredibly
comfortable no-wire bra at TARGET of all places. The shoulders are comfortable. The midsection is comfortable.   And it does hold your boobs where you want them to sit.  (If you're still reading, guys, it's no ones fault but your own).    The thing is... this bra is supposedly a NURSING bra, although I don't get it. There is no pocket for nursing pads, no extra anything.. just what you see below.  Maybe it's an easy access thing...

ANYWAY... wow is this a great bra for summer.. easily worn under a sundress or tank top or t-shirt and gives enough support if you're not super sized to exercise in.  I LOVE IT!

Bought at Target, the company name on the bra is Gilligan & O'Malley.  They come in pairs and in several different colors.





It's a beautiful thing.


If you've got a favorite bra that you think is super comfortable,
feel free to share a link in the comments section below. 



   

19 comments:

  1. Yay, looks like you found some comfort. The closest Target is better than an hour away. I'm going to check if they can be ordered online, Thanks for the public service announcement!!!! HEHE

    ReplyDelete
  2. my ahem D's would be a saggin' in this and I hate the big boobs,always wanted some that couldn't bounce or sag :( but the 3 years total of nursing did me in..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'll give them a try. I HATE bras too and usually wear a sports type bra most days...and no bra when I'm home :-) Luckily for me (34C) it works.

    Hugs,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, then. I am definitely going to check those out! Good job, Karen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, my husband has dubed my bra shopping as the search for the Holy Grail! LOL

    Thanks for the Target tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm already onto these! Back in the day, when I was nursing babies, I bought these to wear at night. I never stopped wearing them! You can also buy them at maternity shops, which is where I've been buying them. It's nice to know Target has them since they're probably cheaper at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still grieving over the loss of the Emma bra from Victoria Secret's line. My favorite bra of all time.
    It has been a constant quest to find one like it for 5 years now. But yeah....bigger is harder on your shoulders over time....I'd switch with you any day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am still grieving over the loss of the Emma bra from Victoria Secret's line. My favorite bra of all time.
    It has been a constant quest to find one like it for 5 years now. But yeah....bigger is harder on your shoulders over time....I'd switch with you any day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Grandmother wore double EE's and would always tell her granddaughter's, "Stand up straight! If I can stand up straight, so can you. Posture is important." That bra is pretty but there's NO support for larger women. It looks like a tired jog bra -haha- and will never work for me. If I want support, and I do, I have to spend $$$$ to buy a well made bra. There are some things I don't skimp on...shoes, mattresses and bras. We spend 1/3 our time on a mattress, 2/3 of our time on our feet and all that time needing good support. My body is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some helpful tips from Sandra:

    I buy Playtex at department stores with plastic underwire and they cost around $40. ouch. When I travel, I wear/take inexpensive bras so if I lose them, haven't lost much.


    I did a search and found these 2 sites: *the lingerie addict* and *her room*. A decent bra is going to cost $30 to $60 and that's expensive; for a lot of women, unaffordable.

    My best advice...have yourself measured so you know you're buying the correct size. So many women guess and then buy a bra that's sized incorrectly for them. They end up not satisfied, unhappy and wonder why.


    ReplyDelete
  11. Bra shopping was much easier when I lived in the Bay Area and had large department stores with many many brands and styles. And they had experienced women who knew how to fit. While this one looks comfortable, I imagine myself riding a horse and this would not be a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought about a half dozen comfortable bras about a year ago and then they quit making them! Isn't that the way it always is? They are Warner's brand...and they still sell them but mine are cotton knit and you can't find them any more! I always thought it would be great to be more endowed but now I'm glad I'm not! lol I'll get a couple of these...they would be GREAT for traveling! We all appreciate this post! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And I myself, do something similar called the Coobie. Its almost like a mini camisole, but has no wires and no hook enclosures either. It comes with pads you can leave in or take out and is so comfortable. But now I may have to check this out too- love Gilligan & OMalley sleep ware too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I looked online at Target but didn't see them. I have ALWAYS hated having big old knockers and even from an early age tried to hide them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a Target FREAK as you know Karen! But for bras...I swear by Lane Bryant...the women there all know me...I have been shopping at that store forever and they know how to measure too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate bra shopping almost as much as swimsuit shopping. I dread it- and I need a new one. I may just go and check this out, as I especially like Tar-jay, and I detest spending lots of money on bras!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Quick! Close this page and go straight to order a Coobie bra.
    Amazing... I found one while in San Francisco at a boutique, tried it on as a whim when trying on a blouse and was hooked (well there are no hooks so....) Soft and doesn't ride up! I've since ordered 3 online.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  18. One day last year, I was sick and tired of a drawer full of worn out, ill fitting bras. I headed to the mall, walked straight into Victoria's Secret, and we did a proper fitting. Found that I was wearing the wrong size AND style. Once we found the size (34D) I tried on style after style until I found one that was right (Body by Victoria, Perfect Coverage). Armed with this info, now I can shop the sales and know that I'm getting a bra that fits.

    I have forced a friend into a fitting, and my oldest daughter. Both came away from the experience with bras that fit. My daughter called me up on her way home and told me that it was a life changing experience.

    Women need to put away their modesty and go out and get fitted!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...