Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas 2015


    There were a few meltdowns and a squabble or two... because I do keep it real here. But all in all it was a lovely Christmas -  some friends and some family - we were here, together, sharing  laughs, enjoying some good food, and many thoughtful  - useful- gifts were exchanged.

      Right this very minute at 7 am on the 26th the mister is  heading outside to take down the outside lights (he can't help himself).. but I love our tree so much I told him it's staying for another week. It's been up since Thanksgiving weekend.   Meanwhile our 93 year old neighbor has just put her tree up with the help of her sons and she will enjoy it through January.   Which camp do you reside in? The early bird or the last minute into the new year Tree People?

      I hope your holiday was a joyous one in the ways that you like to celebrate with the people you care about. May we all be blessed with a healthy, happy, politically and mentally sane 2016.


























10 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous time! Merry Christmas! I take mine down around the 4th or 5th. Christmas at my house was a rager. Like two days later, I still have a headache and am thinking "whyyyy?". There was one spat between my aunt and my uncle but I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for wanting to keep the tree; it's gorgeous! My dad was the same as Mike, he'd be outside taking the lights down the next day. I'm glad everything turned out well for you guys.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My tree was later then usual getting up, due to a trip to Florida to see the daughter. As for now it's staying up, because when Noah gets here Monday it's going on the ark. 10 inches of rain is predicted by then. Gotta love Missouri weather.

    Happy New year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully photographed! Yes I too hope for a politically sane year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos Karen! You sure captured the spirit of Christmas! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful Christmas! Your home looks very festive and cozy, and your tree is beautiful. I have really been loving our tree this year, and still have it up, but removed everything except the star on top and the white lights yesterday. We've had it up since 12/4 - early for us. We'll keep it outside in the yard with goodies for the birds, and then put it on the burn pile this spring. I've always been one to remove Christmas after it's over. Too much hype and chaos for me generally. Very cool about the little lady and the peas. That would have made my day too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! I like my tree up until Little Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen - beautiful pictures as usual. Looks like everyone had a great time, like your outfit by the way, you look like a teenager :)
    I put tree up Dec 1 and take it down as soon after New Year's day as I can... usually the 2nd.
    I love the decorations and lights of course but once it's over to me it's over.
    My husband's mother used to leave their tree (a live one) up for his birthday in mid-January... I have never done that and every year I hear him say that his mother did. I've been married to him 3 times as long as he lived with his mother, you'd think he'd get the message by now :) One year I did surprise him with a foot tall tree with his golf ornaments on it... I'm not totally a scrooge :)
    Happy New Year to you and yours <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. My tree stays up until at least Epiphany (Jan 6th) - and sometimes until the end of January; OK there WAS once when it made it down by Valentines Day ... but that was a rarity!
    With a tree as pretty as yours, it would be hard to put away all that beauty.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo of you and the girl child; Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...