Thursday, December 17, 2015

Randomocity


  So tempted to talk about the pathetic list of presidential candidates and their debate behavior, but none of us need another one of those rants right now, do we. Something that irks me more than even Donald Trumps in-your-face obnoxious behavior?  Get religion out of politics.  It does not belong there.  Your religion is not my religion is not their religion. Any of your religious beliefs should not hold law making or program cutting weight.  Enough said.


 
     We're having a Christmas Eve gathering here of family and friends, and I've been making batches of cookies to set out as a big platter with the desserts.  Two new fun things I tried, and they are no bake .. so easy to make, pretty .. and most importantly delicious.

Christmas confetti Truffles....  recipe HERE.



Chocolate covered oreos with crushed candy cane topping.   No recipe. All you do is buy a package of oreos, two bags of Hersheys Special Dark Chocolate chips for baking, etc.  and crush some candy canes. Melt the chocolate in a pot or the microwave, dip the oreos in the melted chocolate to coat them and place on wax paper, sprinkle with the crushed candy canes and allow to dry and harden before putting in tupperware in freezer or refrigerator until ready to serve.  THEY ARE DELICIOUS!




     

  An update on my father - He has settled in to nursing home life as well as can be expected.  He did take a fall a few weeks back and cracked his hip - was walking around unassisted with his door closed, two no-nos they have asked him not to do and he fell into the door.  A week later after pin insertion surgery at the hospital, he was back at the home and is once again not listening to care instructions.   He complains constantly about the food, which is actually very good considering it's a care facility - and when I bring him something different to eat it's not the right thing and he would rather have had something else.  The something else is not right the next time.  

I have stopped getting angry. That's a big step for me.  Finally I see that all his issues have nothing to do with me. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.   It must be very lonely, living in a self that is so -  self centered.  I am glad I don't know what life is like for someone who doesn't look beyond their own being, their wants, their ideas... to the vast and interesting and enriching world and relationships that are before us all.

His loss.



 I've been running a lot of errands for the holidays and this... this is the face I get when I walk out the door with my Jeep keys in hand....




 Frasier is my rescue dog. I'm telling you.. there is no greater love.  


 Speaking of which, we're holding an adoption event in Cromwell, CT this weekend for two dogs that have been in a CT shelter and now foster for a while.  We'd love to get them a home for the holidays at last.  If you're local and interested, go meet Dottie and Nanny  this weekend!



10 comments:

  1. The treats look fun to both make and eat. So glad to hear you're gaining perspective on your Dad- it sounds so familiar I can hardly stand it- so glad you can see its not about you! And Frasier- and that face? I'd never be able to leave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be the saddest dog face I have ever seen. Glad to hear you are dealing with your Dad's behavior better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cannot even watch the debates or listen to follow ups. It's sickening.

    so I just stay in my wee nest and snuggle up with baileys or a moscow mule and wait for the kiddos.
    merry merry to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww! So agree with you on rescue dogs.
    And the debates. I just don't care anymore. Like, at all.
    Cookies aren't my thing, but I am pretty curious about the Oreos. Hmmmm...
    Merry Christmas if you don't post before! And I'm glad you're not carrying your dad's weight. I'll be that freedom feels great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some good looking eats there. :)

    As for your dad; I rather doubt he feels lonely. Narcissists are so buried into their selves, there's no room for lonely. At least, that's how I feel about it.

    Hope the doggies find good homes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you think an antidepressant might improve your dad's outlook any?
    Your goodies look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sweets look amazing and poor Frasier looks like he's afraid you are abandoning him. Very nice to hear you are no longer getting angry with your Dad. That IS a huge step and one in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those oreos look awesome! Seriously awesome!! Might have to try them..they look easy enough for me. I'm glad to hear that you are not beating yourself up about your dad. The Frasier face...I can SO relate!! LadyBug has that very same look...the rescue look. It makes me feel so guilty I can hardly stand it. We had to be gone for quite awhile yesterday and the guilt was terrible! Oh, what a happy pup when we got home!! It is an incredibly busy time right now...so if I don't get over to wish you a Merry Christmas Karen...I'm wishing the very happiest of Christmases for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I KNOW...I can't stand watching the democratic debates either-sickening...The cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catching up w/your blog today. You have so many truths that speak to me. Thank you. Truly love your sharing, your dear self, your photos, that darling doggie. Happy Christmas to you!
    [[[]]]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...