So my mom asked why I haven't posted snow pictures here on the blog of our farm, etc.... I told her they're all on Facebook and if she'd only just come around to the thought of a simple facebook page commitment, she'd get to enjoy all those pictures like everyone else... not to mention pics of her family and friends (some older than she!)... who embraced Facebook for that very reason. I tried setting her up, and it lasted for fifteen seconds. That's no exaggeration, maybe 20 seconds to be safely accurate. A minor hissy fit ensued and the page was taken down. About 25 of her friends/family even friended her in that 20 seconds, welcoming her to the 21st century!... and yet.
So, mom, these snow pictures are for you, and then on to some other "stuff" to share, like recipes and a sneak peek at my rocking horse restoration project. Oh, how I have loved this project.
So... SNOW....
Frasier for good measure....
A great lemon bar recipe for those of you who like to bake, and love lemon like we do.. These are delicious. However, I attempted them with a gluten free flour to use in the crust.. the Crust.. was Dust. So, don't do that. Follow the recipe given in the link HERE .
One of my family's favorite soups will be served for dinner tonight - a perfect winter eve's comfort food... although, it does involve Velveeta (is that even a real food? I don't dare read the ingredients list). Because I only serve this a few times a winter season, we'll look the other way, OK? Recipe HERE *not my photo
A sneak peek at the rocking horse restoration - before and after to come soon... almost done!
I'm too lazy this morning to figure out how to rotate the image.. but you get the picture... stay tuned!





I'm glad your mom wanted to see pictures because I never tire of them, Karen. I sometimes come back here to look again; you're a great photographer and have so many wonderful things to share. :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
I love lemon bars too. And Velveeta? I was raised on that and I suppose it didn't hurt me. White bread, butter, and fake cheese sandwiches along with canned tomato soup. Yummy.
ReplyDeleteLove the snow photos! I'm so glad she requested them. Horse looks great :-)
ReplyDeleteSorry but I am with your Mom on this one Karen. I despise FB. Too much gobbeldy gook. I have an account I opened to get Pinterest., but almost never use. Besides a little IG, a little blog, a little pinterest is enough for me... and I mean LITTLE. So many folks spending hours looking at others lives instead of living their own. It's all fine, even necessary for a business venture but just for everyday life?
ReplyDeleteDo what I did and mail pics to mom via email, or real mail. I don't want younger generations and technology forcing me to do what I do not value and I do think we should value what past generations valued and feel comfortable with doing.
Remember real mail? How lovely it is to still get letters and cards from loved ones. It never fails to make me smile to open the mailbox and see....MAIL wee little gifts you can hold. <3 Your Mom would love it I bet.
I hear you, I do. Mom lives just up the road, so real mail is not necessary. And, sadly, it's not the way of the world nowadays for the most part... much of the far away family and friends are not going to bother with real mail. So I do still feel facebook is a great way to stay connected to family and friends who are not nearby. You don't have to participate any father than you feel comfortable, so in that way, I do wish she would try it for a while. But she feels as you do, and I will have to respect that. It is what it is.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous and a big Thank You to your mom for "making you" do a post of pictures here. Love them. Just killing a few minutes visiting blogs waiting for hubby's treatment. xo Diana
ReplyDeleteLemon Bars are a favorite of mine. Amazing just how much cooking/baking goes on during snow days.
ReplyDeleteLove your pictures here or Facebook. LOL I like you, know it's quicker and faster to Facebook it instead of blogging.however I did tonight. I can't wait to see your restoration pictures.
ReplyDeleteI was a lot like your Mom and said I would never do Facebook, then FQ toxicity got me and the only way to access the groups was on Facebook. Who knew I would end up being an administrator in the largest FQ toxicity group... and on Facebook no less! I sure never dreamed it!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the photos!
ReplyDeleteThanks Karen, I love the pictures and apparently so do many others. Still don't miss facebook. I was horrified by my email filling up with names I knew and more that I didn't. Yikes!
I cannot figure out the rocking horse picture. Look forward to the before and afters. mom
My favorite is the picture of Frasier! Your mom might have a point with fb. Or at least she should wait until after the election to join ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'm grateful to your Mom.
ReplyDeleteLovely pictures!!
LOL about rotating that last pic, Karen...but he does belong and yes, lemon is my favorite but I don't want to make them because I'll eat them all!...:)JP
ReplyDelete