Thursday, February 4, 2016

Soaring



    Bald eagles can be seen at the mouth of the Connecticut river during winter/spring months. There are several Eagle sight-seeing tours available in our area.    One shoreline town about 15 minutes from here has a nesting pair in a tree not far off the road and down by a yacht club at water's edge.   Many photographers flock to the site and some folks fret that there is too much commotion and all the attention will disturb the birds.  I hope not, so far all I see are respectful folks who don't pester and the birds are far enough away that they don't seem to mind.


 This is the distance from the road, where people stand to view and photograph.... 




 There are several of these....




 This is the best shot I was able to get from so far away... there is a mom and a dad in the nest, hard to tell from this angle... they have returned, the same pair were here last year.






 My friend Lillian was able to get this shot... magnificent...


In all my years of Connecticut living I have only spotted a bald eagle twice before. 
So, these encounters so close by are inspiring - 

 As is the water and the shore's inhabitants...

I could never live very far from the sea, 
this I know to be true. 











6 comments:

  1. Karen, those shots are amazing! Your photography is nothing short of wonderful. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, Beautiful pictures. Here is a link to an Eagle Cam here in Georgia that you might enjoy, if you do not already know about it.
    http://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/
    It's located at Berry College in Northwest Georgia.

    I love your Blog...

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing is that!!Your photography is stunning! And I will always yearn for salt in the air and the sound of waves lapping and gulls...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great with the shots! I "thought" I had finally spotted one, some time ago, in the distance. I tried and tried to get a decent shot. Then someone came by and informed me it was an osprey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, these are such great photos and even though they're in my back yard, I still got goosebumps!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I have never seen one in the wild before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...