Today I am fifty one years old. I can honestly tell you that number doesn't bother me.. I feel blessed. Life is so short, it is so fleeting.. we are just a speck on the earth and our time here is so limited and unknown. To fret over a number seems like a big waste of precious time.
My daughter gifted me with this today.... isn't it just the truth... * love it
Max gifted us with coming up lame this week... I turned him out two days ago and this is the look I got...
Upon further inspection and some movement on his part, he is absolutely lame. So we sent a video of his movement to the vet, who thinks it's an abscess in the hoof because there's no heat or swelling to point to a leg injury. Soaking ensued...
and some wrap/poultice. The shoer comes out today to pull the shoe and dig around to find what we hope is a simple abscess. This is the horse who had the colic surgery six months ago.. the big guy has had a rough year.
Blog and Birthday Buddy Sally sent me this lovely gift... we share the same birthday and have shared each other's woes over the years, a virtual shoulder to lean on through the internet waves. Amazing, some of the friendships we develop, sometimes without ever meeting face to face. I hope to meet Sally, though... perhaps when the big guy and I start scouting out Florida in the next year. (So he says) Sally also happens to have moved in recent years to a street with the same name as my beloved grandmother. Mike and I named a road after her too, thankfully before she passed so she could see it. I'll never forget it... Her 84 year old self giggled when she saw the sign. Made my day, my week, my whole month!
Anyway.. back to Sally's gift...
Thank you so much, Sally, - and Happy Birthday to YOU!!
I've been sprinkling SPRING around the house for the past few weeks.. so ready for it.
SNOW to arrive on Sunday, I'm hoping it's just a dusting.
Have a good weekend, all - and as always, thanks for stopping by.


Happy Birthday!! I'm like you and consider each year of life as a blessing. I've got you beat, by the way...I'm 56 and I feel good, have more confidence and feel like I'm more comfortable in my own skin than I ever was in younger years. There's an old Irish (?) proverb, that goes something like this. "Do not resent growing old. There are many who don't get that chance." Enjoy your special day.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Karen!!! I'm with you--I'm a lot older and age is just a number...but I DID LOVE my 50s! I hope your sweet baby just has an abscess that can be drained and heals quickly. Poor thing. xo Diana
ReplyDeleteWishing you a very happy birthday and a happy and healthy year ahead for you and yours.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely gift, from a lovely lady. Hope both of you had memorable birthdays!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday ! It's a great age.
ReplyDeleteIt's always something with those silly horses!
Had the vet out Sunday because our big girl literally in hailed her food!
Ugh, all good in 20 min.
Enjoy your day!
Sharon
I feel so badly for Max; retirement days shouldn't hurt like that. :(
ReplyDeleteYes, I tell everyone we're twins separated at birth by 23 years. :) Thank you for the wonderful sweet gift - those "people" around here! What can I say, they're scavengers. :)
You're a special lady, and I'm very happy to be your friend. So, Happy Belated, dear Karen. xoxo
P.S. Yes indeed, you guys come to FL and call me. xoxo
ReplyDeleteHappy Bithday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Karen!! I have some years on you Karen...but they go by so very fast...it is important to cherish each one! What a gorgeous gift you received! House Hunting in Florida is awesome!! I've been doing it for years! :)
ReplyDeleteYour a young woman, just getting started on being the real you.
ReplyDeleteSomeone once told me that in our 50's is when we finally understand life.
It took me about 20 more years to get to that wisdom.
Love the name Karen as I have a 54 year old with that same name.
Happy Birthday, Young'un! I hope it was wonderful, filled with all the good stuff that makes for wonderful memories!
ReplyDelete