Friday, June 3, 2016

Chicks.. on several levels.


   Some girls grab a book and head to the beach to relax.  Me?  You can find me at the coop with another kind of Chicks and Buns....  This life I live ain't always easy - it looks beautiful, but it's also hard work and my aching neck tells that story well.  There are some real perks, though.  This is one of them.



 My mom is a breast cancer survivor, as are several of my friends, Pam Fox is one of them.  Pam is an amazing person - a true champion for the Underdog - canines and humans alike.




   She's walking the Avon walk in NYC to help raise funds - Won't you please consider a donation in any amount, even $5. gets them that much closer to a cure.  Link for donation below..

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/Walk/NewYork?px=8114340&pg=personal&fr_id=2486








5 comments:

  1. Everyone can see just how much work goes in to that beautiful home of yours Karen...and it IS a LOT of work!! Glad to see you enjoying it sitting down!

    I didn't know about your mom... My cousin passed away from breast cancer at only 32 with a 6 month old baby at home. So very sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you taking a break! Running a farming property is some very hard work. Breast cancer has touched so many lives and many right here in my small town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so incredibly happy that your mom is a survivor. I'll go to the link. As for you, Karen, I honestly don't know how you do it all!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you find moments to enjoy it! Best of luck to your friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...