Friday, March 17, 2017

Bring Coffee

 Come, sit.. and let's talk about a few things. Yes, this is a political post, ...oh, there you go.. did you run away?  I don't blame you. Boy what a sh*tstorm it is, huh? 

    If you dared to stay - tell me what you're feeling now that we're in to this new administration a few months.  I'm not asking you to agree with me,  I'm curious.  Some of you visit here but you don't feel comfortable voicing your opinion. Maybe you are afraid of the backlash. (Nasty comments will be deleted)  Maybe you avoid confrontation and we all know politics leans toward the confrontational.. daily.  Someone close to me said recently - why do you put yourself out there, people are rude, and what difference does it make anyway, it's just your opinion.  Here's how I see it - I doubt voicing my opinion here or on FB or anywhere else is going to have a significant impact.  BUT.. sitting silently and saying nothing when I see some real ills will absolutely have ZERO impact. Perhaps by voicing my concerns someone will take another look and it just might spur some positive action. 

     I still have friends and family who are cheering on Agent Orange.  That's a really hard pill to swallow for those of us who are offended by the lying, the spin, the arrogance, the conflicts of interest.  For a man who said he wanted to unite the country - he's done nothing to reach out to the half of us who didn't vote him in.  He tweets lies, his mouthpieces reiterate and spin his lies (Obama wiretapping?) and half of us are eating it up, cheering him on. I don't get it.  If this had been any other politician EVERYONE would be screaming.  Why does this guy get a free pass?   If you're a *T* supporter, I'm not scolding you although I realize my tone would suggest it. I actually want to know what it is about this guy that makes someone want to applaud him. What redeeming qualities do you see that say he's worth the storm he's created?  If you're sole answer is F*ck the government - well he did just that, I'll give it to you. But he F*cks us all by making the highest office in our land, the most powerful position in the universe as far as we know.. a fool's circus.  One of mocking and lies and false accusations with no evidence other than twittering rants in the dead of the night..  and there's the  GREED. Because so far, he is enpowering corporate America - not -those who have been forgotten- one of his favorite lines.










      His new budget is not a humane budget, the new health bill does the same.. further punishes the old, the poor, women, the sick, people who are not white and wealthy. All who feel good about denying seniors Meals on Wheels service( govt funded but run by volunteers, and fees indeed paid by the elderly recipients who can afford the $3 cost), denying lower income women affordable women's health screening and BC ( not free and not abortions) - allowing more pollution and lifting clean water laws, and killing wild animals inhumanely, selling off national park lands, trashing arts funding, raise your hand.........



     I guess  the answer to these questions lies in what kind of a society we want to be. Until now I always believed we were at our very heart a good and decent and caring nation, evolved, enlightened. The removal of our decency should not be the price paid for stronger military might. Until now at the very least we have managed both.
    
     Sad day. I wanted change in this next election because the issues before us are real. Throwing out the baby with the bath water was not the answer. I don't know how anyone can honestly feel good about that.  And please..Please don't say we've put God back in the WH. Kinda hypocritical, wouldn't you say?


36 comments:

  1. After looking into the issue about Meals on Wheels, it's true that the government does actually pay, with the work being run by volunteers. However it is WRONG to cut this program! It makes me very sad as well as other things like you mentioned.

    I'm not cheering, anymore. Nope, nada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this also, Karen. Along with government, AARP Foundation also supports Meals on Wheels.

    Trump's budget would strip $3 billion from the Community Development Block Grant program, which supports a variety of community-development and anti-poverty programs. Those include Meals on Wheels, which provided 219 million meals to 2.4 million seniors in 2016.
    aarrgghhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. and Thank you, Sally- I appreciate your honesty always :-) My father and Great Aunt both used Meals on Wheels service while they were trying to live independently in their old age, and both paid the fees, it was not a handout. It did, however, help them to remain in their homes as long as possible.

      Delete
  3. I've had to quit 24 hrs cable news. Too much anxiety. Tillerson threatening preemptive strike for N Korea. The world has gone mad and it makes me sick. He needs to be impeached.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen Ann...I follow your BLOG often & love it plus love your Stella. Reminds me of our cottage on the water.
    FYI...I 110% agree on your political posts & you sound so much like me. NEVER have I felt so strong & voiced so LOUDLY! I so very much respect the Office of President & have watched it be turned into a Garbage DUMP!...Heading that way since DT threw his hat in. We all know & have known for many years from his words & behavior that labels him DESPICABLE. This is not new behavior since he was a young man. Thanks for standing up and w/millions feeling as we do plus many from both parties feeling the same. SHAMEFUL his 4 grown children enable him & pat their dear old dad on the back...they do not want to fall out of his grace. Heart goes out to Malania & same treatment with his other wives....I call Kelly, Spicer, DT & others #InsaneClownPosse. It is a major White House DRAMA daily & this is spilling into other countries. Thanks for listening to me....
    Sherr & RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sherr & RJ - thanks for stopping by! I keep saying.. Why do his KIDS let him continue to behave this way.. aren't they embarassed - But I think you're right on - they don't want to fall out of grace, and they probably know they have no control over him. UUUGH!!

      Delete
  5. The hypocrisy just kills me. I feel fortunate that I have been surrounded by people who have led by example. It makes current events that much more difficult to view and not get sick over.

    How does one rationalize taking away funds from the security/protection of NYC as a whole, yet cause a huge financial strain on the NYC police, your neighbors, your community for one woman and child?

    How do you cut funding for the basics for people in need, yet squander millions of dollars to play golf On weekends.

    I think for the better of the country many of us would volunteer to cut back on things, providing positive changes were made without waste. But watching a group steal from the poor and pad the rich is just gross and unfair. No disrespect to the many who have worked hard, built businesses and gathered wealth with honest ingenuity.

    I can not think of one single thing where he has lead by example or earned an ounce of respect. In fact he seems to go to great lengths to do the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep voicing your concerns. There is a big difference between complaining and bringing things to light when things are wrong. I think you are a wondereful touchstone for many trying to make sense amidst all the craziness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, and oh how I wish I could make sense of it. I try daily.

      Delete
  7. Well, I'm not shy and I'll say that Trump is a total national embarrassment. I was a Meals On Wheels volunteer, and they are some of the neediest of the needy. Shame on anyone for taking that away! The world thinks we're nuts for having someone like this in office. And I can't for the life of me figure out what it is about this foolish man that appeals to people. I am busy on FB every single day giving news updates hoping people will see the proverbial light! If they don't, heaven help them.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda Pruitt for being a volunteer for Meals on Wheels. Thank you and Karen both for standing up for what you believe in. There's a song/or lyrics that says 'I was blind, but now I see'. That would be me, and I'm trying to be smarter now.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your service to people in need, Brenda. You have experience in the field and you know just how horrendous this is. Keep speaking your mind, please - we need people to hold this administration accountable.

      Delete
  8. "Please don't say we've put God back in the WH."

    Well, in his own mind he's a demigod.

    I agree with all you've said. It just makes me sick, everyday it's more crap! We have how many people running around investigating Trump's claims against Obama, don't they all have so much more to do than that!

    He's.......certifiable. Just his behavior; bragging, lying, insulting people, his behavior is enough, but then look at some of his policies. I might be able to accept his asinine behavior if he was actually DOING something good for the country.

    Almost everything good he's done has been to benefit the top 1%.

    The health care bill needs major help, his budget is a joke. And does anyone still believe that Mexico is paying for that wall?

    It's madness, wrapped up in stupidity inside a mountain of lies and hypocrisies, and the key may well turn out to be Russia. (What Winston Churchill would say were he still alive)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're absolutely right about R*ssia...and I hope it comes to light sooner rather than later. Winston Churchill is rolling in his grave.

      Delete
  9. I can't pull myself away from the daily news because I am afraid I am going to miss something important such as which country he has insulted and should I begin preparing for the apocalypse. The man is definitely deranged and we are all suffering for it. It infuriates me that his party knows he is unstable and dangerous and will do nothing to stop him but encourages him by their inertia. I want Obama back so badly! I fear for us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose, that's exactly how I feel about it! Can't look away from the trainwreck! And I also miss Obama. I wish he had done a few things differently but not for one minute did I ever feel he had any ill intentions and was completely sane!

      Delete
  10. Every time I hit CNN on my smartphone, I hold my breath until I read the first headline. It's very stressful living this way, not knowing if he's already ok'd a nuclear strike on some country or done something else equally egregious. Our wonderful country does not deserve this. 2018 can't come fast enough so someone can get control of this situation. AnnZ in metro DC

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with all who've posted so far. He seems to create diversion to deflect from whatever the news is harping on him about (i.e. wire tapping claim and then the 2005 tax return is leaked...most likely by him). And to say that he will prove the wire tapping (surveillance) in "the next couple of weeks" tells me he's scrambling to find a way to spin it...hello UK, it's YOUR fault. It's more than embarrassing for our country...it's dangerous to alienate the few allies we may have left. My daughter works for the State Dept and fears her job may disappear due to his Federal hiring freeze. She and her family have no desire to return to this country because of this man. It's a sad, sad situation this egotistical man has put our country in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I wish your daughter the best - I can't imagine working for the govt in any way right now and wondering what will come next.

      Delete
  12. Candice wins the internet today, she hits the nail on the head as it relates to his behavior.

    I live in a small town, which means I know a lot about my neighbors. It see people driving around with Trump bumper stickers proclaiming all sorts of slogans and I think to myself "don't you realize he is trying to take away the very programs you rely on?" These are poor and lower middle class people receiving food stamps, welfare, free school lunches, etc.

    Their ignorance on the issues and their blind trust and admiration for that man is frightening. How do I answer my son when he asks me why so many people love Trump? It seems wrong to say they aren't smart enough to know better.

    An interesting thing has happened in our house, our 11 yo sits down with his father to watch the national news. It makes for interesting dinner conversation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather - I live in a small town that consist mostly of middle class people who one would THINK had a better understanding of the ramifications of a man of his nature in that high office. CT is a blue state! Yet I am flabbergasted at how many highly educated individuals want him there!

      You know- maybe a good thing that is coming of this is more people are paying attention, including and especially the young. I certainly am!

      Delete
    2. The central swath of PA is solidly red, so much so that when we go to vote, the old lady at the polls yells "we have a democrat!" As only a handful live in our district.

      My husband and I joke about the people that won't pick the trash up out of their own yard but take the time to make homemade Trump signs.

      Front page news in the local paper recently was people running afoul of sign ordnances because of all the Trump signs they keep posting along the road right of ways.


      Delete
  13. sally mentioned you today...i thought i would stop by and say hi!! i don't "do" politics or religion but i enjoyed this and appreciate the time and bravery it takes to put these entries together!!

    happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Karen. Don't let the Orange Scream ruin your day or your year. Keep on keepin' on. This is not a four year run. It will be over way before that. To paraphrase an expression about the devils and Wall Street: "The circus tent is empty, all the clowns are in the White House." And some of them will start defecting after a few more months of defending the indefensible.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom, I hope you are right. Love you- and thanks for spoiling me on my Birthday - thanks for being you.

      Delete
  15. I wish a Trump supporter had written to you...I honestly cannot fathom how anyone still supports this oaf. A dangerous, unfortunately powerful oaf. The whole debacle of the Merkel meeting, and the following tweets about NATO, just reinforce his incompetency. And immaturity. My head spins every day. I have always loved politics (coming from a good line of Irish politicians in the Philly area) but some times I admit I have to stop watching...it's painful.

    And happy belated birthday (not sure if you celebrate on March 17th or the 18th? Hopefully, the 17th, which also happens to be my birthday!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Orange Scream supporters are finding it hard to justify certain things so they perhaps are a bit more silent on the issue - a wait and pretend we don't see aproach.

      Delete
  16. Trumps M.O. has been in the past and continues to be "Deny, Delay and Distract" He consistently uses one or all three for any given situation. Why his supporters can't see through it is beyond me. My only source of inspiration in our current political situation is knowing that the MAJORITY of the American people do NOT agree the current direction we are headed. Maybe it will open the eyes of those who didn't vote as to what can happen when we don't and we will take our outrage and disgust to the voting booth.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not one comment from a Trumpeter? It stands to reason doesn't it? I can't stop watching frankly. My husband wants me to shut up I'm certain, not that he's a trump supporter, but he's weary. I'm with everyone here. We have to keep talking and stating our opinions. My biggest fear is the rest of us will grow weary and start simply saying, "Oh that's just how he is." The sad thing about hearing lies is when they're repeated enough times they start having a life of their own. I'll never shut up because that's just how I am. Yeah to a forum to say out loud what we believe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...