New England has seen one wet Spring so far... everything's pretty soggy 'round here. The leaves are beginning to pop and pollen would coat everything right about now if it weren't so rainy. The grass is a vibrant green and the horses are loving the pastures...
My tulips are blooming in the border gardens and the peach trees are just bursting...
The vegetable garden beds so far have yielded an abundant weed crop... and the 500 onions are coming along... we've got some work to do out there.
The chicks were moved out to the garage a few weeks ago, and now reside in their own little section of the Egg Plant. There is bird mesh separating them from the big girls until they are about the same size - approx five months old. The Mr. built a small make-shift coop for them so they are protected at night. It's basically a big plywood box with a door and holes in it.
Amazing how fast chicks grow - this little girl (Florence) is a Dark Brahma, the feathers on her feet are adorable.
I've been letting the big girls out to free range when I'm out there cleaning... it's so good for them but the coyote and hawk population around here makes it treacherous.
And because I gotta be me, let's talk about this unpleasant subject for just a moment.... how'bout that interview 45 gave Reuters yesterday in regard to his first 100 days?.... I said from the very beginning.... I don't think he wants the job! (And I really didn't think he'd get it).... Why would a man of his temperament want all the restraints the POTUS position will bring to his life? He would hate it!....
So I have to tell you... I do get just a little satisfaction from reading this yesterday...
*sigh. He's gotta be him, too.




Look at those chickens! I love how they are so healthy and fine looking, Karen.
ReplyDeleteIt is BELOW freezing here on the bay this morning. I expect my tulips that were ready to open will wilt away now. At least you are green there. We finally have a green lawn but no trees showing green yet except for the weeping willows.
I bet Trump does miss his old life----xo Diana
Your peach trees are exquisite, and I love your chicken house! I recently have chosen to confine my hens because of predators...they seem ok in their small yard, but they love exploring and I'm sure miss it.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, man child 45 is bored, feeling pressured, and his attention deficit is at best scary. Am praying he doesn't use a military attack on Lord knows where for a diversion tactic from his abysmal 1st 100 days. The Reuters interview was appalling. :/
Your peach trees are lovely! It has been spring here since the end of February when my daffodils bloomed, but I am not complaining because I love spring. We did not have much of a winter, but I still hate it any time is gets below 60.
ReplyDeleteOf course, Lord Commander Marmalade misses his old life. He has to actually work at this job. I would not object if he wanted to return to the private sector.
LOL Lord Commander Marmalade. Too funny!
DeleteI like "Anus-Mouth Leathery Tangerine" too. My mouth is my biggest cross!
DeleteA couple of comments .. love your chickens! I couldn't help but think of the mobile chicken "grazers" a couple of area farms have that can be moved around the yard/pasture to allow secure free-ranging. Have you ever seen one?
ReplyDeleteI love your peach tree blossoms, too! Asked a local landscaper about putting in a flowering peach or cherry, and he said that they were very high maintenance. Boo hoo .. guess that's the difference between my climate zone and yours. Think I'm going to put in a tulip/saucer magnolia instead.
As for POTUS 45, it wss pretty apparent that he was running to satisfy his narcissistic nature. What an ignoramus to think that being President would be a piece of cake! The only ones benefiting from his idiocy are the late night comics, esp Cobert. Man, he skewers Trump every.single.night. I agree w/ Peggy Joan .. he's so out of touch and into his own ego that he's borderline dangerous. I hope his military advisers talk are able to persuade him from continued verbal bouts of 'chicken' with KJU, or ALL or us are in trouble! Maggy
I think I'm losing it; as I thought I saw this yesterday.
ReplyDeleteLoving the green there, if we don't get rain soon the yard will dry up.
Hope you have a good weekend, Karen.
xoxo
Your property looks wonderful, what an idyllic place to live! No doubt plenty of hard work but so worth it!!
ReplyDeleteYour chickens are so sweet. I don't know what else to say about Trump. Did he really think being president would be so easy? Obviously he did. Ridiculous.
ReplyDeleteOh, those peach trees are so beautiful!! Your chicken coops are wonderful - so neat and tidy! I love the picture of the hens out free ranging. They look happy (if a chicken can look happy). -Jenn
ReplyDeleteLove your chickens! I don't know that "45" could find his ass with both hands. Fool is going to get us in a war if he doesn't keep his loose lips shut.
ReplyDeleteBrenda