Sunday, March 11, 2018

Mystic Magic



   We needed a little change of scenery after days of storm clean-up here on the farm, so we headed to Mystic yesterday where we had some delicious Mystic Pizza. If you are fairly local, they have great gluten-free pizza - the best I've tasted, anyway. 

     After that delicious lunch, we took a stroll around town, stepping in and out of  the shops and galleries that line the main drag. 



 The Mystic River Drawbridge with it's massive counter-weights...





 Now THIS.. is Easter candy... the fresh made variety.



     Some of  this came home with us...




  One of my favorite shops is the Company of Craftsmen... I have one of these jellyfish glass sculptures by Satava Art glass - more info HERE...











      My guy treated me to these two treasures below as an early birthday gift -




  That beautiful sign below has what looks like abalone in the crystal ball, it shimmers!...  I'm told the woman is very good -



 There wasn't as much snow up in Mystic, approximately 40 minutes up the coast,  as there is here -  we've had a few beautiful days and some snow melt.. only to be hit with yet another winter storm this coming Tuesday/Wednesday.  Some folks are just getting power back this morning...not fun when it's cold outside. 


 

  


  Till soon, friends - 





13 comments:

  1. Oh- I love Mystic but was only ever there one time! What a fabulous place. Wasn't the movie Mystic Pizza about that town?

    Love your early birthday presents and hope you have a wonderful Sunday, Karen. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's the one! The movie plays on a screen at all times and there are many pictures of Julia and cast all over the walls -

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mirror! My dad's stuffed animal as a child was a sawdust filled elephant ( I still have) so of course I collected stuffed elephants also. When I suddenly moved away across the country at 21 my folks gave away all my childhood boxes in anger and sadness, so I lost them all. My dad gave me his "Tony" many years later. I am still drawn to them because of their intelligence and family structure. That mirror gave me good memories. It's just delightful.

    Don't hate us for our nice weather : D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good that you guys were able to be out and about. The pizza looks really REALLY good. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, are you now in possession of the mermaid necklace, like in "Always be yourself unless you can be a mermaid, then always be a mermaid."? mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been to Mystic in years...sounds like I need a road trip!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the “two treasures” . . .
    Nice of your “guy!”

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO mad that I didn't go to Mystic when I had the chance!! I could spend some serious cash in that town!! Gorgeous shops...right up my alley! Your guy did good picking out your birthday gifts! :) Whenever I get to CT again, I must go there...AND to your place!! I am still mad I didn't get there either!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great visit. Love that last shot.

    I loved the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Karen for a visit to Mystic. For us it's always been the 1/2 way stopping point on our was to MV. Usually a quick bite at McD and then walk around the shops there, especially the pet shop when we had Chappy. Last Oct we veered off our routine and found a lovely coffee shop in an old train station.
    At any rate, it's a charming and delightful place and thank you for posting about the places I haven't seen... yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember being in Mystic years ago on my way to Newport - and of course as a HUGE Julia fan, I had to watch Mystic Pizza!!! Looks like you had a fun day - I am heading back to Newport soon, can't wait, it's been way too long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delightful travelogue! It's been 50 years since I've been to Mystic, such a pretty town. Happy Birthday, Karen; they grow sweeter every year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...