Friday, June 22, 2018

Yes, I do care

     I am so tired of all the in-your-face bullshit. Truly- what has happened to this country? For the First Lady of the United States to purposely wear a cheap shot jacket that says I don’t Really care, Do U? ... at any time! Let alone when she’s heading out to visit children in a holding center- is thoroughly disgusting. My God- This act was intentional and obnoxious- there is no other way to see it. Anyone who condones this new norm- this *fuck decency and *fuck truth- is selling us all out. I don’t care what your political affiliation or stance on issues- this goes beyond that. 

     Such a bizarre allegiance, We are better than this. We are better than this.


9 comments:

  1. It was a real Marie Antoinette "Let them eat cake" moment, wasn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this country has fallen so far down the rabbit hole, I hardly recognize it any longer. If we don't turn the tides in November, I fear what will happen afterwards. Mueller is taking WAY TOO LONG. I understand his thoroughness, and why he's probably saving to pull the cord on the 'biggest' for all at once, but still. We might be too far gone as a country by the time that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are better than this . . . yes indeed . . .
    I truly do not understand this utter lack of humanity, compassion, empathy, love, respect, consideration . . .
    On and on . . .
    Damn Awful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After my first shock do you know what occurred to me? That maybe, just maybe, this was a message from a wife to a sick bastard of a husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    Just popping in to say Hi. Like you- I am tired of it all- tired of all the politics and anxiety it produces throughout our country.
    Not sure if you are interested but-There is a "fix" on my blog that seems to be working for those No Reply comments if you want to check it out. It is working for several of us-comments are coming into our email accts again.
    Have a great weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had hoped the message on her jacket was for her darling husband, but as I thought more about it, it was totally inappropriate to wear it that day when visiting all those children being held against their will.

    Reading Silver Willow's words was as if she had read my mind. I am trying not to get discouraged but this crap has gone on long enough. I, too, am afraid of what is going to happen.

    It doesn't help that my husband and I are polar opposites regarding the dunce in the White House...the first time this has happened in 41 years...and I know that I am pretty much the same person as I have always been...scary times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally perplexed by that jacket. Is it possible, though, it was a message to naysayers or news outlets that have constantly picked her apart piece by piece? The reason I say this, she didn't wear it while visiting the children, but put it back on when she was returning to Washington. Just my two cents that aren't even worth two cents.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am Canadian. Our Prime Minister took to the news this week (as did the President of France) to assure the people that in Canada, we do not separate migrant families, we do not keep their children in cages. What has the world come to that the USA DOES separate families, it DOES (and still does today! Tonight kids will sleep in chicken wire cages at the border)keep kids in cages. If any private citizen did that they would be arrested on charges of child abuse, as they should be. Now they are saying parents have been deported without their kids, and no one knows where the kids are. As an outsider, I simply cannot understand why the Republican party continues to support Trump.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so ashamed of our country and embarrassed on the world stage as well. I want to cross the border and live in Canada these days. I don't get it. I cannot understand what has happened to our country, its people, its Congress and it saddens me so very much.

    As for the jacket -- where was her handler to say, "Uh, this is a really bad idea. And I don't mean really bad. I mean, really, really, awful, terrible, beyond comprehension idea." We can't do much about Melania but her handler needs a new job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...