The Mr. and I have been married for thirty years as of today, with a little speed bump we muttled through four years in. Not a lot of people can say they've been married twice... to the same person, but that's what we did. The first time around we were married young and still had some growing up to do. We jumped ship but then climbed back up the ladder. Long story shorter - I am grateful and blessed to have this man and beautiful family to share life with, good times, bad times, mistakes, do-overs and all.
We have our differences, still, sometimes BIGLY - YUGE even... some of you will get that drift. Sometimes we can get on each other's very last nerve for the stupidest thing, and then finger that nerve like playing a one string guitar...
For example... just last week on a work morning at 5:30 a.m. I finished up a batch of blueberry pancakes and set it before him with plenty of extra syrup and butter, which he likes. What came out of his mouth instead of thank you was "How many times do I have to explain I want just six blueberries in my pancakes, not a whole handful. Seriously, is six such a hard thing to remember? Six blueberries?" Now, you gotta laugh at such OCD foolishness, not to mention the rudity. Laugh I did, only to irk him more... That one string guitar, ya know. And then I told him off. Because seriously?
For example... just last week on a work morning at 5:30 a.m. I finished up a batch of blueberry pancakes and set it before him with plenty of extra syrup and butter, which he likes. What came out of his mouth instead of thank you was "How many times do I have to explain I want just six blueberries in my pancakes, not a whole handful. Seriously, is six such a hard thing to remember? Six blueberries?" Now, you gotta laugh at such OCD foolishness, not to mention the rudity. Laugh I did, only to irk him more... That one string guitar, ya know. And then I told him off. Because seriously?
So do those stupid little things still put a little wedge between us now and again? (and I surely have my own stupid moments) ... You betcha. But when I come home tired and filthy after a long drive and a long week of horse show and he's cleaned the kitchen and fed and cared for my dogs for five days and rubs my aching back and thanks me for all I do when I am home, well, like I said above - it's those important things, the love in little ways.. and family - that are the tie that binds, the glue that bonds.
I bet you can guess what I made him for our 30th Anniversary breakfast this morning.







Six blueberries. hahahaha Did he thank you? LOL I can't stop laughing!
ReplyDeleteY'all have it all together, and hey life would not be interesting if not for a few little glitches!
Happy Anniversary to you both; I hope you have at least 30 more.
xoxo
OMG SIX BLUEBERRIES~!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm cracking up here!!!! Ha ha ha ha my sweetie and I have been together 8 years, but we don't live together...I think if we did I'd probably hit him over the head with some of the annoying things he does! Yesterday he came over for dinner (we have dinner together most nights) and walked in the house and turned off the movie I was watching and switched on the golf tournament.....ummmm, seriously? I nearly beat him with the spoon I had in my hand! That's what I get for getting up from my comfy chair to stir the soup, huh? :) MEN!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet damn post- love it I'll take the extra blueberries please
ReplyDeleteBahahahahaha! I just laughed out loud over those 6 blueberries! You little button pusher you! lol!
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, congratulations on 30 years...what a feat! It will be 40 years for us next June. Damn...time goes so fast...and they said it would never last...lol!
I always thought you were very pretty but your wedding picture shows a gorgeous woman...what a profile! :)
Enjoy your next 30 years together, and hopefully, one argument won't be centered around the ass in the White House much longer. I can feel it in my bones the end is coming sooner than we think! Fingers crossed!
Happy Anniversary! 💐
ReplyDeleteFirst of all... what a gorgeous bride you were (and still are!). Ahhh yes, six blueberries. We all have our own "blueberries" to deal with. Thirty years - you should go back to Hawaii :) Marriage and parenthood. Nobody said they would be easy. Nothing of great importance ever is! -Jenn
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, happy anniversary! I firmly believe bumps in the road make good marriages even better/stronger when both parties learn from them.
ReplyDeleteNow let us talk “blueberries” Surely every relationship has its own blueberries? I can think of a few hot buttons in my marriage for sure!
Loved this!
ReplyDeleteSix Blueberries this morning, SPOT ON!
Happy 30th . . .
Great pictures, loved your truth, zest, fun . . .
You did him a BIGLY favor by counting out those blueberries. MyHero and I have a few little quirks of our own that we kabutz about (I made that word up, I think-but am too lazy to look up).
ReplyDeleteKaren Ann- You were a gorgeous bride and what a handsome husband, too. You are both still beautiful!!!
I hope you have many more years of BIGLY happiness. xo Diana
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! And I love the do-over, because as you said, sometimes you mess up the first time but figure it all out.
ReplyDeleteSix blueberries? Oh that's a hoot! Much joy to you!
Happy anniversary---what beautiful pictures!!! Put 5 blueberries next time just to see what he will come up with, then tell him we are all watching him. Love your beautiful farm!!! Linda in Tn
ReplyDeleteWell, you're a better woman than me because I'm still in bed when he gets his own breakfast!! Thankfully, no workdays here anymore, so its each to his own. But, yeah, I know about that one stringed guitar. Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDelete