Sunday, October 7, 2018

We The People

We have a President who repeatedly refers to half the nation as the enemy. He referred yesterday to Democrats as a party of crime. He described them as he would a toxic gas. The press as the enemy of our country, prisoners of war are not heroes, disabled reporters he feels comfortable mocking, he dismisses sexual assault victims and female reporters, and berates anyone who doesn’t agree with him. He has never given one fuck about the average Joe in this country, not one thing points to that direction. Acquiring wealth and stardom have always been his goal. He was a Democrat until he decided to run for office and knew a large portion of the republican base would follow his fear mongering rhetoric, he knew what to throw on the fire to win. His biggest goal is to win and be the boss and be glorified. My words are certainly not the proof- his own actions are.
I cannot lie and say I don’t agree with some of his goals for our country. But selling our soul to accomplish those goals just isn’t worth it and isn’t even necessary.
We have many things to be thankful for in this country, and we can thank members of both parties for those gifts. The reason I am not affiliated with a party is- there are sound ideas and plans and accomplishments from both camps, always have been through history, I believe the combination brings sound answers to whatever the issues are - and fair balance. We are no longer open minded and we have a commander in chief feeding the divide. We all lose in the end with this kind of leadership.
I’m real tired of seeing people I consider friends mocking snowflakes. As if a snowflake isn’t the first person who reached out to you in a time of need, or opened their home or wallet to you when you needed it most. Maybe that libtard stood up for your kid when he or she was being bullied. The same can be said of  Republicans and Conservatives - perhaps they were the saving grace for you in a bad situation. It might be the right wing nut that changed your tire on the side of the road in the middle of the night. I’m tired of putting off an appointment because the person I would see thinks the man fueling this division is awesome. Awesome?? I don’t know how you can ignore the hate. Anything but awesome. But He shouldn’t have the power to divide us.
Anyone who bothers to read my social media posts knows I am open with my opinions and I use it regularly to voice them. I believe keeping the conversation going helps us solve problems and keep an open mind. I learn something from an opposing view sometimes too- isn’t that something. Social media is a great way to share family pictures , good news, lost dogs, items for sale, friends gatherings, jokes, recipes, and even political news. It’s also a good way to get really pissed off at someone you would otherwise have a lot in common with, someone you used to like and accomplish good things with .
Something we all have control over is how we talk to each other and what we put out there, what we promote. We also have control of who we let in our lives, and even who we allow to pollute it. I’m going to ask my friends ( anyone reading this) to stop promoting blatant hate in-the stupid petty mean ways the bots out there and our current President or any other politicians or people with agendas that are certainly not our well being promote unless it’s information only and not mocking and hate. They are not who we are. They don’t stand next to us at our volunteer events where we are actually accomplishing some good, together! They do not sit on the bus and share the weather or the family news or a smoke on the way to work in the morning. They aren’t holding the door open as you try to get in the elevator with many packages, they aren’t comforting you as you prepare to bury a loved one. They don’t bring food to your door when you’re going through a rough patch.
Investigate what you share, make sure it’s truth and not just a pathetic attack that happens to align with your party of choice.  This applies to all affiliations. Truth matters. Decency matters. We are not each other’s nemesis. That is a line being fed to us to encourage the divide.
United we stand. Divided, we fall. We are better than that.
We are all - We The People.
This is where I drop the mic- because all this division is exhausting and disheartening. Whether you agree with me on the President or not, I hope you’ll agree to the rest of this post. I hope I’ll see a “like” or a comment from friends of all political affiliations. We as a nation can find common ground again, together. We are the fabric- not the politicians. ... we... the People. ❤️🇺🇸

16 comments:

  1. I have tried to post 2 times this morning. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I, too am discouraged, disheartened, and disappointed by what is happening in our country. Thank you for sharing your views.
    Sheila













    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen Ann .. .
    I love to “read you!”
    You say what is in my heart . . .
    We The People are better than this division . . ,
    Five minutes ago I put this on FB . . .

    ******
    I am not going to get into all the banter going on.
    I stepped out of my “personal zone code” a week ago.
    It was my one and only . . .

    However . . .
    I will say this, loud and clear . . .

    Making fun of someone, laughing and encouraging the laughter at another’s expense,
    are precisely the “put downs” that I will not accept and that do not sit well with me.
    Simply said, “not kind, not nice, not civil!”
    Lynne Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so disheartening to hear what is happening every day now. I'm looking forward to the upcoming elections but also terrified at the same time. I know people who are generally kind hearted and with common interests, yet politics have be avoided at all costs because they are so rabid in their right wing party support. I sincerely hope a true leader of the people will emerge soon to help heal the divide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you, Karen Ann-and the fact that you stand up for what you believe in no matter what someone else thinks. I NEVER judge anyone for their beliefs; religious,political,personal. We are more than our leanings and I have faith that we are all working towards the same goals of peace and acceptance of others.
    Have a wonderful, blessed Sunday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huzzahs. I find it funny those who holler loudest saying the most vile things all pupport themselves to be good Christians. I read The Washington Post. Listen to NPR. And probably the oldest living snowflake. Am perfectly at piece with that.
    Keep up the good work/writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is exhausting and disheartening but we must RESIST the hatred, racism, and bigotry at all costs.
    Our children's futures and the planet are at stake. That is one uniting truth to focus on. But, oh I get weary yet still hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with this 100 percent, you have said exactly what I feel and I have trouble verbalizing this, you did it perfectly. I am registered as a democrat but was a Republican for 40 years because daddy wanted me to and now because hubby is. when I vote I vote for the person not the party. I am so afraid for our country because he is dividing us. I don't post political on FB or comment on the ones that do because it is dividing even families. my brother and I can't talk on the phone because he believes Trump is what the country needs. we can't talk without arguing so we don't talk. at least not about the country I mean. did you post this on FB? I have so many friends I want to see this because it is how I feel also... half the county is like we are and half the other way and now one listens, they listen to Fox or to CNN and can't what this 45th president is because he lies and hides in the trees and says things they want to hear.. thank you for this and for your sweet comments on Big boy's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the furtherest thing from a 'gook' or a 'conspiracy theorist' but I have been involved in a support role in politics for 50 years. Seen a lot of sausage being made and also a lot of benefits accrued to America's people (middle class) by good, honest elected officials. However, this period of time in our history is different. Unlike other American low points of history, too many people are now blindly following this maniac.

    The cover story of 'The Atlantic Magazine' this month is "Is Democracy Dead?" I think after watching gavel to gavel of the Kavanaugh hearing shananikins, that it may be. I'd say vote, but I am seriously afraid that our votes could be manipulated by foreign entities. I suspect that the 2016 election may have been hacked. I guess I'm just afraid for our country in general. Even after the rule changes & political meddling last week of the Senate & White House, Nov. 6 is our only chance as I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. To Eileen in Florida
    Yes, Nov. 6 may be our last chance to save this democracy of ours. Vote as if your country's future and your own depended on it, because it really does.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,

    I follow Sandra in Fla and she passed along your blog link to me. My feelings are much the same as you. You could not have said it better. We the People deserve better. I plan to vote Nov 6th and can wait, I usually do not wish my life away but I wish Nov 6th was tomorrow. Thanks for sharing this, I will be your new follower. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your posts. I feel bad that I have been guilty of allowing those who blindly follow 45 to fall out of my favor. I will recall your words and remember to remain kind those I encounter because Yes, dear Karen we are all better than that. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen, I could not agree with you more. We need change in this country, but not at the cost of our souls and morality as a nation. This morning a friend had posted a political ad for Represent Us and apparently there is a way for the US citizens to drain the swamp on our own but it will take many cities in each state to do it. The goal is to gain awareness and change by 2020. I'm thinking of starting a chapter in my city. I'm only mentioning it to you because you seem to be a great voice of reason. Just google Represent Us and you will find it. As always, love your blog.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, all, for your words of support. I know there is hope when I see comments like this. Cindy - I'm going to check into that... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please, please remember the chaos is meant to keep us down. We must vote. They can disgust me, but I will still vote. They can steal my vote but its a voice that wasn't silenced. VOTE VOTE VOTE! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  15. To C and anonymous and anyone else who feels differently than I do on this subject - This is my blog, where I share a lot of things with readers - and one of those things is my opinion on the state of our political environment. You are entitled to your own opinions, please use your own platforms to express them from now on. It's become clear that friendly communication is real hard to do when we see things so very differently, and my blog is not here as a platform for your arguments. Nothing I said in the above post is a lie, it's not fake news, it's not false information. It also calls us all to accept that we are more alike than we are different, we need to stop the divisive behaviors despite our differing views if this country is every going to come back together.
    Enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am back to say thank you, I saved this because it says what I believe and I don't have the talent you do with words. once again I am watching the news where hate is dividing our country. 8 dead 3 officers wounded, an attack on a synagogue in Pittsburgh. the fact it happened proves you post is right. but I do know that nothing we say can change the other half and they can't change us, and therein lies the problem. half and half again, just like in history.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...