Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Ruth's Swiss-Bacon -Onion Dip


I'm definitely adding this to our Thanksgiving appetizer menu - 
I found it in the Gooseberry Patch Thanksgiving Recipe magazine currently out in stores. 
YUM! 



(image by Amanda Jane Brown )
 

8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 c. shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 c. mayonnaise
2 T. green onions, chopped
8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
1 c. round buttery crackers, crushed

Mix cheeses, mayonnaise and onion; spread in a greased 8"x8" baking pan. Top with bacon and cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Serve with Pita Chips or Crostini -  Makes about 4 cups

13 comments:

  1. Oh yes! My folks would go for that, and so would I. I'm coming back for the recipe closer to the holidays!

    Thanks for sharing, Karen.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starving and seeing this is absolute torture! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinning this! Christmas and Thanksgiving, here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANT THIS NOW!!!!....YUM !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious. Too much of a good thing is always perfect! ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooo I think I could eat this with a spoon...that way I wouldn't need crackers (all that flour), right? right?? omg

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds SO YUM. Our Thanksgiving is this weekend - I'm so enthused! :) I am going to give this a shot. Love that you share recipes that are 'tried n true.'

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey --

    round buttery crackers - like Ritz, right?

    Praying to God our grocery store carries swiss cheese...I kinda think it won't. Waaa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. & one other thing, what the heck are crostini's? Or even pita chips? Do you think taco chips or something would work? Or a type of cracker?

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh yeah...fat and salt...two of my favorites and then baked...uh huh!
    I had yogurt creme cheese, green pepper jelly and crackers today, delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...