Saturday, November 9, 2013

Takes me back...


You know how sometimes you catch an old tune playing
and it brings you right back to a time long ago...
emotions fill you and you are transported. 

It's true I don't hear what I used to, but my memory is vivid
and I still catch enough of it to bring it all back  - a little miracle, 
if you ask me, a saving grace for someone who has always
adored music.  I am also grateful that I grew up in a time
when there were so many artists making great music
that can still be heard on the radio today...

One of my favorites...
turn up your volume and click past the ad - 


Lyrics below...

I guess you wonder where I've been
I searched to find the love within
I came back to let you know
Got a thing for you
And I can't let go
My friends wonder what is wrong with me
Well I'm in a daze from your love you see
I came back to let you know
Got a thing for you
And I can't let go
Some people go around the world for love
And they may never find what they dream of
What you won't do, do for love
You tried everything
But you don't give up
In my world only you
Make me do for love
What I would not do
My friends wonder what is wrong with me
Well I'm in a daze from your love you see
I came back to let you know
Got a thing for you
And I can't let go
And though I only want the best it's true
I can't believe the things I do for you
What you won't do, do for love
You've tried everything
But you won't give up
In my world only you
Make me do for love
What I would not do



13 comments:

  1. Music transports me back to another time, another life, another me, the me I used to be. Usually it's a nice little trip, but not always, depending on the memory it stirs up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved that song! Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate my life to songs of that time! Each and every phase!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this song and remember dancing to it at the discos!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like a good classes love song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how music can make you feel !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Karen. Music takes me right back to where I was at the moment when I heard it first- the scents, the sights, the person. That is not always an easy thing though, is it? This is a great old song. I am glad they are vivid in your memory. I can't imagine not hearing music-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never seem to get all the right lyrics to songs and it was so fun to see the actual lyrics for this one! I spent part of yesterday doing just this- listening to the classics and occasionally looking at the lyrics. Floods me with memories of special times, places, people, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this song and it's included in some commercial that's playing recently. (but can't remember the commercial!). I also love Joni Mitchell's 'Help Me'. It takes me right back to college.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...