The weather in New England has been typically fickle as of late - snow and freezing temps, some beautiful cold but sunny days... then a warming and rain.. chilly with black ice this morning. That old saying about New England weather is true.... You don't like the weather right now?.. hold on a minute, it will change. A soup like this is perfect for warming your bones after outdoor chores or a day of chasing paper at the office...and, it nourishes the body, not just the soul.
A note to some of you who leave lovely comments, compliments, and sometimes questions.... I would love to thank you or answer your questions but you have your e-mail blocked and this prevents me from being able to respond. I want you to know I appreciate every kind word and really enjoy some of your comments. If you want to change that setting, here's how to do it...
It's a new day, all - make it a good one :-)
I saw this when Kate posted it, and it sounded yummy ... then I promptly forgot about it and went on with life. Thanks for the reminder. I've been all about soup and other stuff that I can simmer in a pot, so this is definitely going into the queue.
ReplyDeleteWow this looks delicious! I have a cold right now, so soup is extra appealing.
ReplyDeleteYummy, it does look good but where is the recipe itself? Am I overlooking it?
ReplyDeleteExcuse my blind self; I found it above the kettle.
ReplyDeleteI was going to try this over the weekend but it called for about 20 ingredients I didn't have...so it will have to wait for another day.
ReplyDeleteSoup is such a comforting winter-time food. Looks delicious!
ReplyDeletesadly, if they use the google+ profile instead of the blogger profile, it won't link their email to their comments - it forces you to go to g+ instead. (grrr, google...)
ReplyDeleteI'm adding this recipe to my lineup! Looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteThat IS a lovely soup, and we're having soup today, too! I'll leave out the kale but add all the other vegetables and some chicken bits to it. Yum!
ReplyDeleteNow that would be yummy after working out in the cold all day !
ReplyDeleteThat looks SO good!
ReplyDelete(Karen, I found out that you can still reply to a comment even when you get that message; I've done it.)
YUMMY! Happy New Year, Karen!...:)JP
ReplyDeletelooks delicious, I live on soup and bread in the winter.
ReplyDeleteThis looks really wonderful.
ReplyDeleteYum, it looks good!
ReplyDeleteIt really IS delicious, isn't it? I used vermouth in mine for the dry white wine. Love that it has a little pesto in it and all that spinach. Cool how you chopped your carrots . . .
ReplyDelete