Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Good Morning!


This was my view this morning at 7am as I did my feeding rounds...
the sun peeking through the clouds on a chilly morning - 
Fresh snow crunching under foot.. the crisp smell of snow mingling with
wood burning in someones stove...

and the sound of munching hay - even I can hear it, they are so enthusiastic.










I may have grumbled a little at 6:30 am as I put on the layers
and turned my face out  into the cold. 

But then I - see  - what I see out there.. and it's all worth it.


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful.....love your horse especially the little ones. Cold here in Maine and snowing lightly as I type. Lemon blueberry bundt cake in oven throwing off a wonderful aroma.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, indeed. I love the early mornings and the sunrises and sunsets lately have been spectacular!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How glorious! Hope you're tucked away inside...warming up! I know your animals are well taken care of! Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love these photos! I feel the cold and smell the animals, and hear the crunch too. And smile at the thought of you bundling up to face it- knowing how cold it truly is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it !!! Don't you love how still everything is when there's snow outside !

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sentiments exactly when I head out with the dogs Karen!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our snow has melted but think we're expected to get more. Love the snow, hate the sleet and hope the wind stays calm. I make my barn gang wait until at least 8:00 to be fed. They're all mud fat anyway so it's not like it's a huge hardship.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those minis are probably the cutest little things EVER!!!

    I've decided that winter mornings would be much easier to deal with if the sun came up earlier.

    Your place is beautiful covered in snow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a two way street....you see the beauty that gives you joy, and the animals see you hauling their feed and that gives them joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be seeing it in two days... I hope I can greet it as well as you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't get to stop by your blog often enough as I work full time and try to keep up with family life so reading blogs, it's usually an early morning...weekend kind of thing with my coffee in hand and everyone still asleep. I love how when reading your blog and seeing your beautiful pictures can transform me to feel like I am right there, experiencing that moment with you. Thank you for sharing so much beauty and so much truth.

    ~ Lisa from Indiana ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...