Only this time I hope it sticks. I just downloaded a bunch of paleo recipes that sound absolutely delicious and I like the paleo diet because it doesn't deny you healthy things like fruits and vegetables (think Atkins). And it works! We know several friends who have accomplished their weight loss goals by eating paleo and exercising regularly, so here we go.
An excellent link for some great resources and paleo recipes HERE
We're about to get more snow and some really cold temps..
I'm heading out to the barn with coffee in hand to put warmer blankets on horses
and check the water and heater in the chicken coop.
The dogs are in hibernation mode.
In full camo.
Happy, Healthy 2014 to all -
with special prayers going out to bloggers
Vicky, Ms. A, and Kate, Hilary, among others...
with special prayers going out to bloggers
Vicky, Ms. A, and Kate, Hilary, among others...
who were handed a hard row to hoe in 2013.
May the new year be kinder and gentler to all
May the new year be kinder and gentler to all
and may we find renewed strength with a hopeful eye
to the future and it's possibilities.
+PEACE+
to the future and it's possibilities.
+PEACE+
No resolutions here... just keep on keepin' on with what I'm doing already. My goal is to chip away at my clutter and stress, till I get both down to a manageable level. 'A place for everything' is my mantra.
ReplyDeleteAdd my prayers to yours.
I would say yay to snow but you guys
ReplyDeleteGet so much I'm sure y'all get sick of it lol ! Love the do pic ! Happy New Year to u and your family
Being healthy and feeling good is the most important thing. When you are very close to your ideal weight...it's almost impossible to lose. Do you go to Mayo dot com to check your weight. I think you are at a good weight right now. Eating healthy foods is good no matter what though. Happy New year my friend!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful sentiments, Karen :) I wish happiness for those who leave 2013 with heavy hearts as well. Clean eating is where we're headed too...with the husband's heart issues, we've already made some pretty substantial changes, but will make even more in 2014. See you on the other side!
ReplyDeleteyou are right. so many of our friends here in blogland have struggles to face that we can't even imagine. bless you and yours in 2014, karen.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you and your family Karen. We all have a lot to be thankful for.
ReplyDeleteSam
Karen - wishing you and your family a happy and healthy 2014.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your friendship, your inspiring and entertaining posts and your words of wisdom and truth.
*love*
-Joan-
www.mvobsession.com
Good Luck with your resolutions. Happy 2014.
ReplyDeleteI especially think about Ms A every day.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year This Old House. You will love Paleo I bet!
Aw, thank you Karen.......and a fantastic year to you, too.
ReplyDeleteSending you a big old hug on New Year's Eve.
I'm sure glad we aren't having to deal with snow on top of everything else. I can't imagine having to drive in it.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Sweetie... HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Happy New Year Karen!
ReplyDeleteDear Karen, Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!
ReplyDeleteI don't like or care much for the word 'diet'. Healthy eating, reduce emotional eating. Work at maintaining balance in life. Be kinder to myself. xo
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, Karen. I am just planning on making 2014 the very best it can be for myself and my family. God bless- xo Diana
ReplyDeletehappy new year karen.
ReplyDeleteLove the look you gave me! I was blogging as you were working and you should have seen the look on my face when I clicked and then clicked again and poof it changed to my delight! Love the blue- both here and on mine. Sigh… thank you for the well wishes… with peeps like you continually lifting me and Ms. A, and Kate and Hilary, up- we remain hopeful that we can muster on. xxoo
ReplyDelete