It's SOO Cold...
I'm willing to be caught alive wearing this Owl hat because
it's the warmest thing in our glove and hat basket
and I will not tolerate another ear-stinging thaw session
just because I want to look cool.
No, I'm over that.
I know, I know... you just wish you had one now, don't you.
It's SOO Cold...
The water buckets freeze every few hours at the barn.
Ask me how much I love my horses right now,
especially as I'm banging and clanging those buckets to get the ice out.
OH yes, I know there are bucket heaters on the market.
MY special snowflake of a horse doesn't like to drink from anything -heated-.
It's SOO Cold...
the boyz wait for me at the bottom of the hill at 4pm.. staring at the mud room door
that I appear from because DANG it's cold out here and they want IN.
that I appear from because DANG it's cold out here and they want IN.
It's SOO Cold...they are also wearing two blankets..
and have little snowballs on their fetlock fur
It's true, New England sees a typical winter..
but temps this low for these long stretches of time is not typical.
There is no doubt in my mind that the weather patterns are changing
on this little planet we inhabit.
*****
I want to thank you all for your thoughts, your ideas, your encouragement
and truthful responses regarding yesterdays post. Clearly, I have a lot to think about
and hearing your views was so helpful and reaffirming for my vision and my concerns.
To Arlene:.. I couldn't respond to your comment because your e-mail is blocked,
but I didn't know about the Trove in Saybrook!
I shall definitely visit, as it sounds like an awesome place!
Thanks for the tip.
To all my friends experiencing the same chill...
stay warm! To those who live in warmer climes...
yeah, I just have nothing to say to you.
:-)
I have to admit I love the cold! Haha, one of my favorite movies is 'Doctor Zhivago' so I think that has a lot to do with it. I like the drama! Also when I go out and feel the sting of the cold I think of the mosquitoes, stink bugs, and roaches who don't belong here that are freezing too. So at least maybe this summer the mosquitoes won't be bad!
ReplyDeleteI would totally wear that hat!
ReplyDeleteYou don't have to talk to me, but I would wear that hat any day of the week. It's cute.
ReplyDeletei'd wear the owl - as long as it wasn't wool. :)
ReplyDeleteI gave up filling the water bowls for the dogs because I was always chopping ice. Now I just bring a bucket with me for them to drink out while we're outside...food is in the house as are they after they do their "thing". Heck, Karen! it wear a bomber hat even when I walk along the road???who cares.? And if they do, they are worth it,...:)JP
ReplyDeleteYou are having such bitter cold this winter...but look how cute you look! and you're right...we'll all want one now! lol Can I get mine in a ball cap?! haha! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Michelle ... I would absolutely wear that hat, and I don't wear hats most of the time.
ReplyDeleteIt's been unusually cold here, too, but nothing like what you are experiencing up there. You're a good mom for seeing to your animals so well.
How do the chickens handle this kind of cold?
You funny, girl. xo
ReplyDeleteOh- I bet those horses love to see YOU coming out that door. They are probably saying a few "horse swears" waiting for you in the cold. lol xo Diana
ReplyDeleteOh- I bet those horses love to see YOU coming out that door. They are probably saying a few "horse swears" waiting for you in the cold. lol xo Diana
ReplyDeleteOh, the poor horses, it doesn't seem like their "real" coats would keep them very warm. Do they have to go out everyday no matter what?
ReplyDeleteI like your hat. I look terrible in hats.
XO,
Jane
Wish I had that owl hat, I totally would have worn it earlier when my ears were freezing off! It's cold as a well digger's butt and supposed to get colder... AND IT'S RAINING, TOO. Brrrrrr!
ReplyDeleteEveryone here is sooooo cold, too! I've taken to wearing an old fur hat and a ski mask just to get the mail and feed the birds!! Tomorrow should be in the 20s so we can get a break. The horses are standing next to the barn soaking up the sun and seem to be doing fine. Barn kitty has a heat lamp and a haybale house. Maybe the cold is killing off the bugs...ya think??
ReplyDeleteI know that you have nothing to say to me, since I live in a warmer place, but when summer hits, you'll have your revenge! :) Take care girl, don't spend to much time outside! My daughter lives in Virginia and she is cold to. Have a sister in Boston and she's freezing. I do feel for ya. Really! Well kind of. :)
ReplyDeleteYou look too cute; and yes I want a hat like that.
ReplyDeleteI believe you now when you say it's cold! Mercy, woman how do you stand it?