Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cheesy Sister Act

On my way out to the barn early this morning I got a text from my sister as I was pulling up my boot straps...

S:   I'm ready to go buy Velveeta even though I've never used it, lol.

Me:  Isn't that so ridiculous? Even the name is gross.

S:  LOL I know .. it must be a PR gimmick.

Me:  Well.. out into the Polar Vortex I go...with no Velveeta.

S:  Lol.. Stay alive! I will find you and bring nachos!

Me:   Perfect! ...but only if you managed to score some velveeta.

S:  I'll work on it.

*******

For those of you who are not aware.. on many media outlets it has been reported that there is apparently a dire Velveeta shortage. (  - you gotta be kidding me -  ).    So, the new panic shopping items before a snow storm, if Kraft has their way... will be  milk, bread, toilet paper, Velveeta.

 It just doesn't get any sillier.

16 comments:

  1. LOL! Can't remember the last time I even bought it!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. First snort of the morning!
    for the "Stay alive! I will find you and bring nachos!" portion of this post!
    I heard the Velveeta news on the radio yesterday...on NPR no doubt. I checked my station before shaking my head and going about my business. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy the Mexican velveeta once or twice a year, when I make broccoli rice casserole. I hadn't heard there was as shortage. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my bil makes some killer queso - which we had just after christmas - so, yeah, velveeta shortage could be bad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up eating Velveeta. It's the reason we try to be successful in the world and make enough money so that we never have to eat it again! hahaha! But having said that. Don't buy it unless you buy a can or Rotel! lol HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's just crazy. I was raised on Velveeta, especially grilled cheese sandwiches on white bread. With canned tomato soup. On cold days. We loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. #1 I hope you stay alive!
    #2 You and Sis - too funny!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. too funny….and yuck, being from wisconsin we know that velveeta is not cheese in any way shape or form….

    with that said, my sister makes a great nacho dip using it. she must be sad…LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Queso (made with Rotel) is the only use I know of Velveeta and we make tons of it here in Texas! I can take it or leave it but my step-daughter is addicted to it and has been since she was really little. She's 35 now and still can't live without it. When she was in boarding school in Idaho she was dying for it and on a visit, we bought the stuff, Rotel, bowl, can opener and my husband talked the hotel chef (using that term lightly) into heating it up for her. My husband will do anything for his daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use it in my garlic/cheese grits, but I only make those a few times a year, so I'm sure I'll survive the shortage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use it to make baked macaroni, which I'm suddenly having a craving for...lol
    -Joan-
    www.mvobsession.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Use it for mac & cheese and to make the Rotel dip. We are huge "real" cheese lovers in our family.One of my favorite things to try new kinds of.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe- brilliant idea- we'll see if gag, choke, sputter, it takes hold!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds so silly!

    Update on NC Law/Wills: I asked an attorney today and learned that I had been given incorrect information.

    In NC if you do not have a will, your estate goes into probate.

    I just wanted to let you know in case somebody else had read my comment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmm, possibly due to Super Bowl coming up???
    Re Phyllis above...I believe all states call dieing w/out a will dieing "intestate". All wills are probated once they are filed, as required by law, at the Courthouse.
    When one dies w/out a will, the dollar value of about 1/3 of all assets, or more depending on state, of the total estate goes to the State.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Last year the news reported a shortage of chicken wings right about now. This year, Velveeta. Sheesh. Let's predict a Budweiser shortage for next year's Superbowl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...