When we have a fresh snowfall overnight, I look for all the new tracks made by the various critters who live around here while I'm out doing the morning round of barn chores.
Little bird feet at the chicken coop door...
I found these particularly adorable, so delicate and determined.
A mouse scuttles back and forth between the garage and coop
picking up dropped grains from the hens and hopefully not depositing
them under the hood of my Jeep.
These are my Timberland boots... awesome for my kind of wear.
Waterproof, rugged, long lasting, NO F-ing EYE HOOKS
to trip me up and knock me over.
Deer....
Squirrel....
Heading to the feeder from his favorite big old maple tree...
The manchild took down the remaining wreaths for me
and left tracks of his own on the side porch.
If you've still got wreaths up... get them down, for crying out loud!
I believe that's why we're getting more WEATHER.
It's those leftover wreaths! I'm tellin ya!
Mouse or chipmunk, not quite sure.
..and GATOR tracks... a heart from me to you.
Maybe I shoulda climbed a tree for a better angle.
These are awesome pictures, Karen! I give you credit for trudging out in that cold every morning even those though boots look warm!
ReplyDeleteI remember one winter when you spotted a wreath on my door in a picture, and blamed me for the long winter! Ha! I just can't bear to throw out a living thing!
XO,
Jane
Cute post. I love the Gator heart.
ReplyDeleteLoved your post.
ReplyDeleteWhat a awesome post
ReplyDeleteI love my old Timberland's but cannot find the same kind which annoys me...but they are old! Is that a big heart in the last shot, Karen?...:)JP
ReplyDeleteI will admit that I am one of the guilty ones that not only have my wreaths still up but also the candles in the windows are still up:) Traditionally these all come down at the end of February but maybe I should rethink that lol!
ReplyDeletereally cute. loved the shadows across the glitter ones. :)
ReplyDeleteSweet tracks!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the gator tracks... don't think we have them here in NJ tho :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos as always..
-Joan-
www.mvobsession.com
What a cute post! Love it, Karen. Fabulous images, too ~
ReplyDeleteYou have little feet. Boy child has big feet. :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
And, of course I love the photo's!! :)
ReplyDeleteChipmunks hibernate in stone walls, so those cute little tracks belong to someone else. We're seeing a lot of mouse tracks near our coops, and coyotes across the street.
ReplyDeleteWe had coyote tracks last week .. a pair of them were spotted that day on the property behind us. Normally we get the usual bird, squirrel, rabbit and fog tracks. Next time we get snow, I will have to show what Winnie's tracks look like.
ReplyDeleteDog, not fog. Typo.
ReplyDeleteAll such cute pictures. I do love seeing who has been around to visit in the snow!
ReplyDeleteI like 'em all -
ReplyDeletemaybe not the mouse tracks as much. :)
Looks like a pretty day! Nice to see the sunshine.
Hey Karen, I cannot remember whether I sent you a link to my friend Mary's blog or not...but I'm sure you will love it...EYE CANDY for sure!! http://homeiswheretheboatis.net/2014/02/10/cupids-mix-valentines-day-popcorn/#comment-33765 Of course you will also notice she has two cute little fluffy white dogs just like mine! I love all your tracks today...awesome boots! Those happen to be much more stylish than mine!! Picked up a pair at the Farm & Garden for doing outdoor chores!!
ReplyDelete