Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Do I even admit this?

... but first I'll show you the haircut we discussed yesterday (thank you SO much, Stephen, your tips are wonderful and right on, and you are so generous to give us all so much information). 

 I love my stylist, she is a beautiful, spirited, kindhearted young thing, not to mention talented with hair and color.  We discussed some important stuff about hair  and a certain celebrity's hair style, a photo I had in my possession and my reluctance to chop too much of it off even though as we age, most of us can't really wear the long hair we lust after and pull it off gracefully.  

 This is what she came up with, and I walked out of there one happy girl.   I have naturally shiney hair, but it's lost a little luster as I've aged.    A glaze gives hair a beautiful sheen and enhances and deepens your natural color, and that's what we've done here.   This was a real simple blowout, too, just took a few minutes with a big round brush, no flat iron necessary. An easy cut that I can maintain.  For a girl like me who has little patience for standing in a bathroom primping, that's really important.



 
The before shot below shows you the difference in keeping a good cut and its layers
trimmed.. the face framing gives you a face lift!
So I'm going to keep this new layered look neat,  a trim every few months
because seriously, that's an easy face lift, no?
 
 


You're probably wondering what my guy thinks of it, because after all he is the one who told me it looked ratty and needed something.   Well... here-in lies the rub.   Just before I went to the salon, I visited with a friend's dog to give it a potty break while it's family is at work and school.  While there, I left my car keys on the bumper of the Jeep.  I have no idea why.  Just hush.

After the dog walk, I hopped back in the Jeep and headed down the road a few miles, to where said husband was working on a job site. We chatted, he had to go to a meeting, I had a hair appointment.

 I start the Jeep.... no I don't.  

What the....?????  No keys.

 Then I remember... OMG THE BUMPER!!... You see.. those STUPID %&$@# auto start key fobs... will still start your car even if your keys are outside the vehicle on the back bumper!!!!... hence, I got to my next destination.  My keys, the ones on the bumper?  Did not.  

  The husband had to go searching for my keys along the route I took while I got my haircut, then he went and got my OTHER set of keys and brought them back to me at the Jeep location.  For the past few hours I have been searching for said keys, and I'm sure you can guess that outcome.

As for my haircut?  He could give a flying F at this point, the cold truth be told.  I just called Jeep dealer and this haircut will cost me about $750. when all is said and done. 

Ummm... but I love it?.....  

*sigh*

15 comments:

  1. Oh man, what a day. Taking your keys for a ride on a bumper....yikes. An expensive cut for sure, but if that's what it takes for that result..........?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome! It looks great.
    Ahhhhhh! That is my nightmare! My car does the same thing and I kind of hate it. I am always so worried I'm going to do exactly what you did! Yikes. My favorite key setup was in my Saab. It was in between the front seats, so it didn't get in the way but I still had a place to put the damn key. That was about the only thing on the Saab that worked though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing you need another set in case something like that happens again?

    Your hair looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the upside, your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hair!!! The key incident... not so good. Ugh! I've been guilty of leaving my coffee, my phone, the mail on the bumper, but never my keys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the haircut a lot... you look great.

    The key incident, not so great.
    Husband gets great guy credits for key search and delivery of extras.

    Your day makes my flat tire episode pale in comparison... at least my outing was less than $2oo but I don't have a new 'do'.
    -Joan-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new cut and beautiful color! Sorry about your keys! One of our Durango keys died about a year ago and they wanted so much to replace it that now we just share the one key...lame I know!

    xo Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair looks great. I gave up the long hair about a year ago and even though my students were horrified I am so much happier with the layered easy care look.

    My husband misplaced his phone when we were out. I called it and we could hear it ringing bt cold not find it. When we got home (30 miles or so later) there is was on the back bumper of our Blazer....can I just say that attests to the fact ny hsbad drives waaaaaaay to slow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hair! Frustration with the keys - been there, done that! So Sorry
    Melanie M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally love your hair! The husband and keys part made me laugh:-) I have sooo been there, done that, I could send you a postcard!! Funny how we can laugh about things later, but at the time... Not so much.
    Have a great weekend and maybe some wine, funny how wine helps too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! And it does give you a face lift...along with your pretty smile! Oh my...what a day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, the hair cut looks great and you do have great shiny hair. I have a lot of thick UN-shiny hair unless I spray it with sheen..then it glows~;>)

    OMG about the keys. Our 18 mo old granddaughter had my set in her hand one day and we were in the house and it totally disappeared. We never did find it. I think she must have tossed them in the trash and it went out before we knew it was gone- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen, your haircut is great and the glaze adds a lot of shine; very nice! My hair is cut every eight weeks and I leave a $5 tip; does that mean my stylist loves me? LOL
    I keep all vehicle and farm equipment keys on carabiner clips that are then attached to pants loop, skirt or purse. Attaching to a skirt, sans belt loops, isn't prime but it's still better than losing them. It also helps that I color code the clips to the vehicle color; no last minute searching for the keys to the needed vehicle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...