Business as usual... weathermen all aflutter over what might be the Blizzard of 2015. If you live in the northeast, have you stocked up on the essentials yet? Toilet paper, bread and milk are the three things we apparently can't live with out. Speaking of milk... we've discovered a new product that we love beyond whats reasonable, I'm pretty sure.. it's called FAIR LIFE - read more HERE. I'm not being paid to herald it, we just really love the taste and the concept of cows living humanely and we consumers -consuming- a healthier product.
My thoughts keep returning to a blog friend. She is struggling greatly and if you're so inclined, please visit THIS post and leave a kind word, send a little prayer. I cannot fathom what she must consider daily now and her grace under such enormous weight is amazing, a lesson for us all. It occurs to me as I type this that the concept of prayer might seem like hypocrisy coming from someone who claims she is not religious. I don't know what to say to that... only that in times when it seems appropriate and necessary, I pray to the powers that be that there will be healing, peace of mind, comfort for those who need it, including me.

She is an amazing woman. My heart breaks for her. Her grace under such pressure is unbelievable. I pray for her all the time. And I don't think you have to be "religious" to want to.
ReplyDeleteYou can count on me to pray for your friend, and I'll go there now.
ReplyDeletexoxo
I pray for her and her mother each night. I so admire her strength.
ReplyDeleteTry to stay warm up there!
I couldn't tell if you were being "tongue in cheek" about the blizzard. Really? We got a bit last night but so far we are way behind the norm for snow. Good I guess for those that are driving a lot, but man, it's so dry in my house!
ReplyDeleteI will visit the blog. Pray away...your intentions are good.
Jane x
I'm so jealous of you all getting so much snow! We're getting like five inches. Not enough to declare a snow day and drink wine by the fire at 10AM. Ugh! The grocery runners crack me up. I'd do it it too, though...if I didn't always have enough food in my house to feed 100 people :) when the weathers bad, my neighbors have a habit of dropping in around meal times. They know that 1) I always have too much food and 2) I cook when I'm bored/snowed/rained/whatevered in. It works.
ReplyDeleteAdding your friend to my prayers and no one would call me religious either, as to me that connotes organized religion, in which I do not participate..however .......spiritual.... I am as spiritual as one can be..me and the universe :D
ReplyDeleteYour friend's faith and strength come shining through her words. When will we finally spend more on medical research and less on items of war?
There is no rule that says you have to be devout to pray and no doubt it means a lot to your friend.
ReplyDeleteI like to think that the energy we create by good thoughts, good wishes, keeping people close to our hearts, etc. is what could make a difference.
ReplyDeleteMaybe that is prayer. It's what I do for certain!
your last shot is beautiful. i am not religious, but i am full of faith. and i believe prayer (intercessions / positive thoughts / healing energy) can and does move mountains. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so touched- truly- and I'll take it all. No matter what shape or form, no matter the name, no matter if its religion, spirit, faith, or belief in something bigger than ourselves - I'll take it all with open arms.
ReplyDeleteSo thankful for friends, like you Karen, and beautiful readers like yours, that I fully think and feel, help keep me going. xxoo
I visited your friend's blog and left a message of prayers and miracles and healing. Thank you, Karen, for telling us about her.
ReplyDeletexo
Claudia
I sure hope this storm is not as bad as they predict. Take care my friend and stay safe and warm! Sweet hugs, Diane
ReplyDelete