Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Theres an a$$ for every seat



  To the GOP who stood up and applauded last night when the President mentioned in his speech that he had no more campaigns to run... You are a disgrace, as was your foolish, childish mockery.  Actually, I think CHILDREN know better than to behave in such a way.  As for anyone out there who thought that was appropriate behavior aimed at THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, your attitude is part of why our government is such an embarrassment at this place in time.  And after being handed such an ignorant display of behavior, he is chastised for his response?  If you approved the applauding but disapproved of his giving a  response... which referenced winning both elections... you're showing your true colors. 

 I'll say it again as I have said here before.. I don't approve of all ideas and actions President Obama has brought to the table during this two term presidency and I can say that about any politician elected to office that I've ever paid attention to.  I think you can say the same. What we have before us now in our government is shameful behavior that brings to mind schoolyard tactics. Other nations are losing respect for us NOT because of any particular man who holds the highest office, but because of the way we do not stand together, work together, have respect for each other right here in our own home, America. Especially on the highest platform.   We are ALL better than this... and yet we keep sinking further down that hole with our cheers and jeers and accusations and discord and idiotic behavior. 

Enough said.  

  

  

18 comments:

  1. You can always be respectful, regardless of whether or not you agree with someone :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't watch it. It's all so disgusting, the way people have so blatantly disrespected this president.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im with Lisa Too ! Good job K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you completely. They were a disgrace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was only able to watch a little of it, and apparently missed that comment. It is shameful that our elected officials are so disrespectful of our country's leader. And whether you agree or not with his positions, he is deserving of respect...especially in a public forum. We are quickly becoming our own worst enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree whole heartedly! Disrepectful no matter what your opinions are on the President or his actions.
    Melanie M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well--a different take here--I heard that he and the guy who helps write his speeches, put that phrase in because THEY knew how the Republicans would react. Then, the POTUS could come back with a mighty quip and give the Democrats a reason to cheer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always glad when you speak your mind, Karen. It's nice to know where you stand on issues. None of us are ever going to agree l00% on things, but I think it was very, very wrong of anyone to disrespect the president. It truly is something that most of us are taught growing up; if we can't say something nice, say nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do these people ever achieve the positions they are in? Romper Room?

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. So eloquently put Karen.
    You might not agree with the president.. but you should at least have some respect for the office.
    It's embarrassing and disgusting how our politicians behave...
    Like you said...'nuff said :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was taught that if you want respect you must earn it by being respectful yourself. Yes it was rude of a small group but no worst than the dressing down poutus gave the Supreme Court the year before and his responding in such a child-like manner only more over proves my statement if you want the respect of others you must earn it by your personal behavior.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just happened to find your blog a few minutes ago and this post caught my eye. In the background as I write this is a news program showing President Obama chewing gum while visiting Saudi Arabia and other places. He has done this on several occasions which looks so very tacky and unworthy behavior of the President of the United States. Most of us teach our children not to chew gum at public functions so it is shocking to see him use such bad manners. There is no excuse for his actions. If he would act more presidential and stop embarrassing our country by doing degrading interviews with people like the girl with the green lipstick eating cereal in her bathtub, then maybe Republicans and other Americans would treat him with respect. I guess you and the other commenters stood up for President Bush when Democrats treated him with such disrespect. At least President Bush was always respectful of the office. Can't wait until his term is over and someone with more love for and respect for our country leads us again.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...