Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Dear Linda



A comment left by Linda - 

To bad you had to get political-have you ever heard obama speak...mr...teleprompter -aren't you supposed to be a decorating blog...will not follow...another angry liberal
-Linda

and then another after I responded...

Like I said - you seem to be angry - not interested in hearing your pathetic commentary... so don't worry I won't be following.. have fun in your small world.


Dear Linda - I've never been a decorating blog. Nor am I an angry liberal.  My mother is a liberal and my husband is a conservative republican.  I believe that sound choices for our country lie somewhere in the middle, and so that's where I stand - no affiliation.   Am I Angry?  At some things, you're damn right. I hope you are too as far as the state of our government.  You assume and label pretty quickly... with your own anger. That's small world living if you ask me.  

I don't write my blog for followers. I write as a journal for myself and my family, and the blog friends I've made along the way... the ones who I have become friends with regardless of whether we see everything in the same light... they are the icing on the cake, the treasure unexpected when I started this blog.  It's perfectly OK that you don't want to be among them.    The beauty of a blog is it's my space to create and express whatever I choose.  I also like to share things with anyone who WANTS to stop by and see whats posted.. like recipes, health tips, decorating ideas,  family triumphs and tribulations.   I like to support other bloggers who are going through a difficult time and I like what I've learned by seeing others points of view, even if they don't match my own.    

 I would have been interested in knowing what you find redeeming about Sarah Palin and even what you find revolting about Obamas speeches or policy.  Instead you throw insults.   That's what is so troubling about our political world.  We don't really know how to communicate and accomplish anymore effectively.. instead it's arrow slinging.

- Just sayin. 




  


23 comments:

  1. Great post. Write what you want. Life too short not to be yourself.

    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the liberal mother: Truth often lies somewhere in the middle but anger seldom finds it.
    About teleprompters, they all use them and Palin's recent speech is evidence of why its a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not American but follow American politics. Sometimes I feel like it's two completely different countries.

    And, not to stir the pot, but I personally feel like when someone gives an opinion and ends in "just sayin", it lends a hint of apology. You're bold and brave. End it with "that's what i'm sayin".

    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dad was liberal and I married a rabid republican. Holidays are not fun. Was excited when SP popped up, then realized she was the Alaskan version of the Kardashiens (SP?). Love your blog, but you need more Frasier!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Open minds and hearts in this country would be a dream come true. Well handled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raz, I think this may be a regional thing but usually when people say "just sayin' " it's sort of a hands up shoulder shrug 'and that's the end of *that*'. At least that's my understanding. Regardless you make such an interesting point about American politics. It really is an Our World vs Their World mentality. And it leaves people who do not identify with either extreme, like me, stranded without affiliation. I was so excited when the tea party began to rise in 2007 because for about five seconds they represented people like me. Obviously that went down in flames pretty quickly when it was hijacked by ultra conservatives.
    Politics aside, I think the commenter was aiming pretty low and cheap to diminish you by saying "isn't this a decorating blog?". Your blog is so much more than one dimension and that's why it's so appreciated. Okay see you at the Tupperware party! I'll bring back your Jello mold and then we can talk politely about the weather and how much our husbands let us spend on decorative pillows and throws! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite thing about ranty commenters is after they have their crap-slinging party they flounce.

    She can say what she wants. But that means we can say what we want. I am bat-shit sick and sicker seeing all the my-way-or-the-highway types that get all butt-hurt when confronted with a dissenting opinion.

    Oh save us all! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's wrong with being a liberal? I'm proud to say I am. And I'm also proud to call myself a feminist too.

    And I agree - somewhere in the middle is how we will move forward in our country.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A decorating blog? Hmmmm.....not what I would have thought. If that's what she's looking for, there are so so so many she could choose to follow. I can hardly spend time thinking about our political climate because it raises my blood pressure and I fear there is no solution. Now let's see some more pretty photos. Carry on! Or Just Sayin' or whatever.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Obviously she doesn't know you at all and while you say what you want, you do it in a thoughtful, as well as a thought provoking manner, which she hasn't learned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The joy of the Internet. A person can make a nasty comment and feel quite comfortable about it because they are unseen. It might take a bit more guts to do it face-to-face? Let them go. You don't need that kind of audience anyway. Oh BTW--I'm a Moderate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you stated your position well, Karen. I think it's great when everyone can express their opinion or air their grievances, it's how we go about it. If we can't be respectful, than save it. I wouldn't waste time responding again, it seems she is on her own little soapbox.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe Linda McMahon was one of your (former) readers!

    Just had to inject some humor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't even know how to respond to this . . .I'll just say what I've heard my Dad say for years - 'you can't argue with ignorance'.That woman was SO wrong on so many levels . . .and I AM a liberal Democrat (thank goodness!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post and response. Her loss if she chooses not to follow you anymore. I agree that our blogs are mainly for 'us'... we do them because we enjoy them and hope that others find them interesting and enlightening from time to time.
    Personally I'm very glad I found your blog and in so doing found a new friend
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. That lady needs to be dumped head first into my **** it bucket.
    Here she is trying to be a bully and shit-stirrer and hasn't the brains to realize she is only embarrassing herself with her ignorance.
    Unfortunately people like that breed....

    ReplyDelete
  17. The reason I come to read your blog is because you speak your mind, tactfully. I am of the opinion that we need more people like you, who don't obsess over what is popular to feel or say. Thank you for your straightforward opinions. For what it's worth, I agree with you about mrs. Palin, not the most eloquent speaker, no matter what the topic.
    By the way, the beauty of living in America is that you can make comments like yours. Freedom of speech isn't always pretty, but I'll take it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you don't let comments like that get you down. It continually amazes me in life that many people think if you can't agree then you are "enemies". We should be able to have our own opinions without trying to put other people down.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry-guess you aren't a decorating blog-guess you are more of a political blog-Love all the comments-your friends think you are thoughtful and nice-I feel you were quite mean about Sarah,but I guess thats ok when most of your blog friends agree-when the other side disagrees we are petty and small minded-but you are open minded...right?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am a very conservative Christian homeschooling mom. I love you and your blog…I always have. It gets me that people seem to be so intolerant of those who don't perfectly align with our ideals. If we only cling to our own way of thinking all of the time, how are we to grow as individuals and as a nation?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting...I always thought that opinions were like assholes - everybody's got one. This is America and that's why we're so damned GREAT is because we CAN think and say pretty much whatever pops into our pretty little heads!! Oh Karen, BTW...would you recommend blue or grey for my bedroom??? :) I may not always agree with you, but I DO respect you for saying what's on your mind. Blog on baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think it is interesting that the response by liberals to differing opinions here and in real life is to call people unflattering names by using foul language. Why don't all of you practice the tolerance you so steadfastly demand from those who do not agree with your views. I guess since we on the other side are so stupid you guys think we don't see your hypocrisy. It is very enlightening to see who the bloggers are that are leaving such hateful comments. I tend not to go there. Why support such bad behavior?
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Jill.. on the other side. The whole reason for this post was because one of those - on the other side- chose to leave snide comments instead of stating her point of view, which I would have welcomed, regardless of whether it aligned with mine. I think when you choose rudeness instead of decent engagement, you open yourself up to the response you see here. I haven't called you on the other side stupid at all. You can call yourself what you like though, I can't stop you from doing that. Here's to all of us finding a common ground, to discussing differences without intolerance. Ready? Set?.. let's go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...