Monday, April 13, 2015

WOW, what a weekend





We had a fantastic adoption event - all went smoothly - 40 out of approx. 50 dogs went to their forever homes!  The remaining few are in foster or went back with their rescue.  We are so very grateful for all the volunteers and adopters who show up and help us make  this monumental task a success.  I always go home exhausted and inspired with some of my faith in mankind restored after these events.  It's a beautiful thing. 

Just a few of the 200 pics taken this weekend - 


These two dogs are brother and sister - they were dropped off at the kill shelter when their owners got divorced and neither wanted the dogs.   They were adopted together yesterday - the highlight of our event.  -awesome. This couple gets a Gold Star - 















If A picture can say a thousand words.. this one is it. 




11 comments:

  1. Makes me soooooo happy!!! Disgusts me that people would dump their dogs because they dumped each other but I suppose that's our world. But what fills me with joy is that your team opens your arms rather than turning your backs. So, so wonderful to see. Congratulations on another success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy it went so well. We found a cat left on our doorstep this weekend. We can't keep it and will have to take it to the local no-kill shelter. Sad that people do that. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay YAY a thousand times Yay!!!! God bless each and everyone of these families!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes my heart happy to think that these 40 dogs have found new loving homes. I know that you and the other volunteers are spent ... what you do MATTERS!! Way to go, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful!! I can't even imagine how rewarding this must feel...just awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love hearing these success stories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *clap*clap*clap*

    You are doing such great work! Nice to see these dogs finding homes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen,

    It's fantastic that you and your group are able to help save these innocent and deserving souls. What a great thing.

    One of my fosters went to her forever home last Friday and all are in love with each other.

    Happy Tails!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so happy for the ones who now have a forever home. That's wonderful. Love the pictures! You guys are so loyal and work so hard. Bless you all.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...