Friday, September 23, 2016

*Sigh - lets catch up, shall we?



   My thoughts on the jack*ss who refuses to stand for the National Anthem at sporting events is exactly this.... 

 Hey there, sir... you're damned lucky to live in this U.S. of A, and one of the many reasons you should pick some other form of peaceful protest is the very reason you are able to do that despicable act in the first place.  And yeah, I think it's a despicable act because MANY PEOPLE DIED in order for you to have that right.  They died serving their country, they believed in that flag, in what it stands for.  The reason you make that obnoxious salary for PLAYING A SPORT, yes indeed you play it well,  is because you live in this amazing country. You should consider it a privilidge. You should be grateful to those who gave their life so that you could do such an ignorant thing and not be penalized for it, severely if I had my way.    Let's talk about that for a minute... If I had my way.   If I were the owners of the NFL teams or any other team for that matter - one of the rules in the contract, because I own your ass in that contract, is that you stand for the Anthem, you pledge allegiance to your flag and country and you show respect for it and the people who gave their lives for your freedoms.  If you do not, you're off the team. That big fat paycheck you think is owed you.. is not. You earn it, and that's one of the ways that are expected of you. 

                         ___________________________________________________


In other news... although this seems petty, trite, sooo non-issue compared to what we're looking at on the political scene these days...   I can't help but feel a little vindication for Team Aniston after all these years.  Just that. 


                          ___________________________________________________


   And Last for today, but certainly not least... I am so utterly disappointed in this election year I don't even know what to say to express it accurately.  I will certainly not ever vote for Tr*mp,  Jeez, let me count the thousand reasons why,  but I am also  disappointed in H*llary in the ways she still thwarts her own campaign in unnecessary ways.  To be clear, I don't believe she's the villian or the murderer or the lying sociopath some of you believe her to be, and we've already been through all that so please... no more hashing it out here.  But I wish I felt better about casting a vote in her direction.  Honestly, even though she is far more qualified than the Tangerine Scream, it doesn't feel great... and with such an important decision being made, I'd like it to feel great.   I bet many of us have the same feeling if we're being honest, even if you're a ..... Tr*mp.... supporter.  Surely.. you have reservations, even if you aren't gonna come out with it.  If you're a sane person, you'd have to have SOME reservations..   Ah, but I'm stepping over that line again. 

 

 

13 comments:

  1. AMEN LIL LADY !!!!!! AMEN-ON ALL POINTS !!!! LINDA FROM TN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always Team Jolie!
    Such a mess with the NFL and the election. I'm ignoring it as much as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hell...absolutely on #1 - fire his ass! #2 - couldn't agree more. I watched her being interviewed by Barbara Walters and she totally lied about the "stealing somebody else's husband thing" - karma always wins in the end. #3 - Well yes, I agree that our choices suck. But between those two knuckleheads, I will vote for Trump because I am one of "those" who believe she is every bit as bad, and likely worse than we realize. But yes, I have reservations about the Blond Tangerine too!! Hilarious!! Hey, if we can't laugh? What else do we have???

    Am I right about that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVING this post. I so agree with you on all issues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The NFL needs a moral clause in these contracts. You hit your girlfriend...fired. You fight a dog...fired. DUI....fired. They are employees and must abide by the rules of their employers, just like us only we don't make millions! Right behind this jackass is some kid busting his tail and dreaming of being drafted to the NFL, NBA, etc. I understand his girlfriend is Muslim and he chooses to not stand for our anthem, perhaps he needs to play in another country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes - fire his ass. ASAP; if not it's only going to get worse and more & more will follow. :(

    I've never been an Angelina fan, but I'm glad that Aniston has come out with her own statement. Did you see that?

    As far as the political arena; it saddens me we have NO one to vote for that we feel good about. I think we're going to be in trouble no matter which person gets in. Things are getting worse by the day in our country. Not placing blame on anyone in particular, it just is.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been disappointed in Hillary as well. I had preferred Bernie. I don't think anyone is thrilled with this election year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. #1 - completely agree! It has leeched over into high schools and middle schools around us and kids are now "making a stand by not standing" sad
    #2 - none of the three are great actors, it's not karma and it's sad that Jen cared enough to make any statement- she's moved on supposedly with the love of her life so it was in poor form to comment at all, JMHO
    #3 - agreed, we all have our reservations. No class in either campaign but I'm going with experience and a plan because he has lots of lip service but I have yet to hear a plan on ANYTHING!!

    **Footnote - America is already great, the only place a football player can be openly disrespectful, get emulated and paid with absolutely no repercussions. Freedom is the fabric of which we are made........


    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant to tell you how much I love this new design. Fall is there, but taking its time here. ugh

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. Dishonoring our country and those that fight to protect it isn't how we should honor others we perceive as victims in it's system. We can do that by voting and getting involved in our communities, by standing up for our families and raising them to appreciate our family, country and religious values instead.
    2. Ditto, finally proof cheating on and leaving spouses does not pay off. Go Karma!
    3. I used to be a Hillary fan when I was younger and so was she. Before she became a member of the Goood Ol Boys Club. Im not a fan of her politics anymore, I believed that Bernie was a good solution. Im going for Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've missed your posts. Yeh - ditto for Team Aniston. And the rest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...