I'm glad someone in Washington is willing to stand up for what's right, regardless of party affiliation. We've all gotten so wrapped up in finger pointing at the Democrats, the liberals, the Snowflakes, the Republicans, the Conservatives, the Alt-rights... the assholes! (whomever you currently think that is)... but the real bottom line? The government, all of them.. are supposed to be working for US, no matter what category you think you fall under... we are all THE PEOPLE. Not the lobbyists, not their party pals, not their supporters only. The collective group of ALL OF US.
The ACA needs to be fixed. FIX IT.. don't keep throwing shit policy out there to see what sticks. FIX IT.. TOGETHER. Congrats to Senator McCain for calling a spade a spade. Perhaps more will follow in his footsteps and grow a conscience. Sad reality - Why does it have to take a swan song for this to happen...

I agree with you! Let's get it done for the PEOPLE!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Bravo. I sometimes get caught up in the tweets and insane speeches, but this is a real deal. God knows when he'll be stopped.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your candid, uncensored thoughts, Karen.
Jane
Excellent post Karen. No issue has shown more clearly than health care that too many of our representatives in both houses are answering to their donors rather than their constituents. The top 1% in this country are doing just fine but many of them feel that the rest of us doing without health care is far less important than a tax cut for them. We need an intelligent broad discussion about health care and how best to deliver its services not how best to gut it to serve a growing oligarchy. mom
ReplyDeleteI've practically been holding my breath over this mess. Scares me to death they will blow up my healthcare. I'm 60 and don't have a lot of options till I'm old enough for Medicare. I don't understand how it came to be that they are wanting to pass something just to appease the damned donors and they don't give a hoot about the citizens of this country.
ReplyDeleteBrenda
Brenda, even with Medicare you need a supplement. M/C only pays 80% of what they consider a fair price. But, they pay nothing for doctor visits. So without the supplement, a person without can be liable for the balance on hospital bills which are frightening. I hope they conveyed what I meant to say.
DeleteI still don't understand all the graft and pork that was in the 1,200 pages. As a former shepherd, I'm totally against $5million going to "study wool"...and that was Small graft.
ReplyDeleteObamacare doesn't work, insurance costs went up 50% and this next go 'round supposed to increase another 40%. And, insurance companies are leaving Obamacare by the droves! The 2 major companies in VA are now down to 1 and that may change also.
It's a mare's nest and McCain is a hypocrite...he certainly didn't opt in for Obamacare. They are all arses imho.
It bugs me how everyone is so quick to point fingers at individuals but the thing is that everyone's insurance costs went up. Because insurance went up. Shouldn't we be looking at insurance companies first, and their governing agencies? It just seems like if you want to point fingers, that might be a liklier source. But I can't pretend to be an expert in politics. I agree something BIG needs to be done about insurance.
ReplyDelete