Monday, November 4, 2013

Tea, anyone?


Are you a tea drinker?
In my effort to get healthier and rid myself of the acid reflux issues
 that coffee aggravates,  I have become an herbal tea person.

Yesterday, my friend Lynn sent me this link after I
showed her a new tea I was trying... and I almost
dropped my proverbial tea cup. 




Ugh. I have some of these in my cupboard..
now going in the garbage.  
It's amazing what we don't know about what we're putting in our mouths. 

*sigh*




12 comments:

  1. Oh lord, one more thing to wonder about. We only drink Earl Grey teas at home but I'm a big fan of iced tea and get that at many different places. Our food is so polluted, it's unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me wonder; in making iced tea I put the tea bags in boiling water. Does that not boil the bad stuff out?

    hmmmm

    Too bad I do love iced tea. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow Food Babe on FB and she has enlightened me to many bad food issues. Always interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really sad about the pesticides! really sad. the rest of it is bad, too, but that part worried me most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, like Denise said, another thing to worry about.
    What is there out there that is safe?
    -Joan-
    www.mvobsession.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, here's what the article did NOT tell us... how much you would have to drink in order to really poison oneself????? I am not sure we all need to get our panties in an uproar yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just imagine all the things we DON'T know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't read the link yet- part of me can hardly stand it anymore as it seems nothing is safe and recommended anymore :) My one vice is coffee and I have yet to give it up despite my acid reflux- good for you for trying even if you'll have to keep researching to find the right one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i live on tea. so do both of my sisters and my mom lives on iced tea. damn to think how scary some of the brands are.

    i did find this about TROT bags {below} which is the only brand i drink and i also drink rooibos every night from numi....so at least i'm safe there.

    http://the.republicoftea.com/library/tea-information/our-tea-bags/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't drink tea (thank goodness now)-it screws my system up royally- coffee for me and I am good to go- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, guess I'll stick to water.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's really no way to avoid all the bad stuff in our food, unless we take control of it from seed to table ... which just isn't 100% possible in this modern world. We do what we can. (You'll get my coffee when you pry it from my cold dead hand.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I always appreciate your comments, even opposing views, as long as we're all respectful.

She doesn't live here anymore

    Hello there!       I got an e-mail yesterday from a fellow blogger whom I lost touch with a few years back when she stopped bl...