We had a fundraiser yesterday (and today but I'm not today's crew) at Pet Valu in Guilford - pets or children's picture taken with the Easter Bunny for a $5. donation to Homeward Bound CT - the proceeds will help us pay for the next adoption event - which is NEXT WEEKEND!!!
This big boy was such a happy fella - loved everyone he saw, including the big bunny. If this breed of dog didn't come with so many health problems, I'd love to have one. Now and then they do come up on the rescue radar, but not too often. He has a very good home with his own family so he does not need rescuing, I just wanted to hug him. I think he's three feet wide and two feet tall -
Anyway - A good time was had by all, except for just a few dogs who thought the Easter Bunny was something sent up from Hell to torment them specifically, judging by their reaction.
Here are a few highlights...
My favorite....

These girls are golden- good friends, good hearts, good souls. It's a great feeling to get involved in a cause and accomplish things for the better with like minded people. Doesn't matter how big or small the contributions might be - I highly recommend finding a cause you feel passionate about and get involved in whatever way is doable in your life. It does a body ( and soul) good.





You are all to be commended for the volunteer work you do.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love the picture of the boy and his dog with the Easter bunny.
Wishing you and the family a blessed Easter, Karen.
xoxo
Tank is a lap squasher, for sure! LOVE the pet/bunny photos!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter to you and your family!
What a great way to raise some funds! And SO cute!
ReplyDeleteWe had some bad news yesterday about our Milo. Too upsetting, I'll mention it in a post soon.
Thanks for your nice visits...I'll be by n\more often...just in a slump.
Happy Easter!
Jane xx
and what does he weigh? lol
ReplyDeleteThe work you do is so important. Thank you for your untiring efforts on behalf of our furry friends. Happy Easter to you and yours.
ReplyDeletexo
Claudia
The one with the Iggy and the Chihuahua (who was obviously trying to squeeze his chunky little self backwards to escape the Bunny from Hell) is awesome!
ReplyDeleteCheers to you and the rest of the Homeward Bound crew. What you do MATTERS!!
Those are some sweet photos. Happy Easter.
ReplyDelete